Mac geniuses: how to burn to CD an HP complete set of drivers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mac geniuses: how to burn to CD an HP complete set of drivers?

The Pontificator
08-29-2008, 06:21
Having some problems using my HP 4140 all in one printer and trying to use the CD-ROM install disc is causing more problems.

Went to HP's support site and downloaded and successfully installed the software and drivers using this file:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-56704-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=219&product=3235310

It's a .dmg file, 182mb in size.

I want to burn this to disc as a backup in case I ever need to re-install again.

How do I do this?

aspartz
08-29-2008, 07:46
It seems easy, bu I defected to the M$ 'side of things a few years ago, so my mac stuff is getting rusty.

Mount the .dmg file.
Open the virtual drive.
Copy the contents to an empty folder
Burn the contents of the empty folder to a CD

Or -- just burn the .dmg file to a CD.

It depends whether or not you want to access the files individually from the CD.

ARS

The Pontificator
08-29-2008, 08:08
It seems easy, bu I defected to the M$ 'side of things a few years ago, so my mac stuff is getting rusty.

Mount the .dmg file.
Open the virtual drive.
Copy the contents to an empty folder
Burn the contents of the empty folder to a CD

Or -- just burn the .dmg file to a CD.

It depends whether or not you want to access the files individually from the CD.

ARS

I think I'd go with the second option. did a little search on MacHelp and it appears to be pretty easy. Put a black CD disc in the drive, open the file in Finder, and drag the files you wish to burn into the CD disc drive. OS X simply creates an alias file that's placed into the disc drive window. The original files remain in place and unchanged. :thumbsup:

miwall
08-29-2008, 22:52
Can't you drag it to the burn folder and then just burn a copy of the file to the cd??
I'm new to mac, but loving it more each day!