.30 Carbine??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : .30 Carbine???

phone*guy
08-29-2008, 20:12
Anybody know if the .30 carbine is banned? I looked through the DOJ crap and couldn't find it listed as a banned weapon but I don't think I've seen one for sale in years.

Fred
08-29-2008, 20:29
The M-1 carbine is legal for sale in CA.

Quiet
08-29-2008, 20:33
The M-1 Carbine?

It is CA legal in it's original form.

If you replace the stock to a folding stock and/or pistol grip stock than you would be making an illegal assault weapon, unless you also install a fixed (magazine locked) 10 round magazine.
The M-1A1 Carbine is considered an assault weapon in CA, unless you install a fixed 10 round magazine.

You can use any large capacity magazine you owned in CA before 01-01-2000. However, if you don't have any you are limited to 10 round magazines.

Big5 sells well used and abused M-1 Carbines for around $1000. Which is a big rip off.
Best source for M-1 Carbines is the CMP. But, they are in high demand, they are running low and are using a lottery system to be able to purchase what they have left.
Average price is around $550+ depending on condition & manufacterer.

You can find M-1 Carbines online for around $500-1200 depending on condition, history & manufacterer.

If you have a C&R FFL (03-FFL) you can buy them online & shipped to your door or travel to another state, buy them & legally bring them back.
(Remember to fill out your log book.)

phone*guy
08-30-2008, 09:16
Thanks guys...Time to do a little shopping!