I've got it, I've got it!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I've got it, I've got it!!

Glkster19
08-30-2008, 07:08
Won an ebay auction from a POTN member for a 70-200/f4 L IS lens on Wed and it arrived today. Came with a UV filter and an unopened Hoya Pro 1 Digital circular polarizer. Says the lens was never used and it certainly looks that way. Sucks I have to work all weekend but it may just go to the Tigers/Yankees make up game I'm going to on Monday.

My 1st L glass, I can't wait to try it out.

MrsKitty
08-30-2008, 09:28
How much did you get it for?

I bought mine...I guess it was in June...and I absolutely love it. :supergrin:

Glkster19
08-30-2008, 13:39
With shipping and ins, it was just over $1k, like $1008. It was $989.00 for the new lens and the filters. Heck the filters alone are close to $200, I just bought a Hoya Pro1 a while and it was well over $100 for that alone.

I remember your thread and how well you liked yours. I don't do much indoor stuff, typically landscapes, pics on vacation, etc so I saw no reason to spend the extra $500-$600 for the 2.8. Some day maybe I could use but I don't forsee it in the near future. I'm sure I won't lose money on it anyways should I decide someday I need the 2.8.

MrsKitty
08-30-2008, 14:27
Nah, you won't lose money on it. I doubt you will want to turn it loose though :rofl:

That's around what I paid new from B&H without a filter and shipping. Not bad at all. :)

I considered the 2.8 but just didn't want the bulk and weight of it. Maybe some day but not any time soon.

It amazes me how much that GOOD glass holds its value.

Glkster19
08-30-2008, 18:38
It amazes me how much that GOOD glass holds its value.

And truly does make a difference in your photos.

Got a 50mm/1.4 a while back and threw it on immediately after using the kit lens. Took a couple photos and about crapped myself with the difference it makes. My XSI even came with the 18-55IS which reviews say is a lot better than the original 18-55