Pawn shops or other sources of used guns in Las Vegas? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pawn shops or other sources of used guns in Las Vegas?

jpa
08-31-2008, 10:45
Hey all,

I've always been a bargain hunter, starting back when I was a kid and my dad took me to the flea market on a regular basis. On that note, I love sniffing out bargains and I'd like to find a place locally to browse and haggle over some used guns. I've had absolutely no luck doing this at gun shows here, it's like a big room full of retailers. Has anyone found a good place to check out used guns locally? Do any pawn shops take/sell guns besides bargain pawn? They claim to be the only one in town that takes guns, is that true??

crazypilot
08-31-2008, 11:08
I know American Shooters buys back guns but they will give you a really low offer. I haven't been there in a long time because the employees there suck. I would look at Discount Firearms. The prices on their guns are better than anyone I've seen. I've haggled with them before.

osiruscyn
08-31-2008, 14:12
Super Pawn does buy guns but only sells them through Auctionarms.com. I don't think you can pick them up from them if you win, they still have to send it to your FFL and you can get it that way. If you search by seller, superpawn, that should show all the guns they have for sale. You can get some pretty good deals from what i've seen the guns go for. They keep all the guns at the Super Pawn in North Las Vegas on Las Vegas BLVD and Owens.

The Pawn Place buys and sells used guns. There is one on Sahara near the strip and i think another on E. Lake Mead. They seem to have some alright prices.

I don't know of any other pawn shops, let alone ones that buy and sell used guns.

The local gun shops are going to charge damn near new prices for used guns.

JimBianchi
08-31-2008, 14:53
Bargin Pawn near Lake Mead and LVB is a favorite. Glenn only charge $25 for FFL transfer fees and is a great guy too.

I found a little pawn shop downtown, about a block north of the the Fremont Experiance last year that had 7 or 8 handguns for sale. Don't remember the name of the place, but I had to walk three blocks after parking because the street was so small and short and all the parking was taken, my F150 would never fit if I had to turn around. But the owner was nice and price were good. (Nothing I wanted)

And of course the RJ classified is pretty good (I've bought 4 guns listed in two years, all great deals) and CRAIGLIST late at night you can catch a few great deals before the posting nazi's flag them. I've bought an M1 and M4 off of there without a hitch.

jpa
09-01-2008, 11:35
Yeah, I like Glenn and Bargain Pawn is a decent shop. I'm kinda annoyed that SuperPawn only sells them online and you can't pick the gun up from them. I guess that's how they get around requiring an FFL for each store or something.

I like some of SuperPawn's listings but they 1) want to collect sales tax, 2) want to charge $20 shipping EACH (no combining shipping) and 3) want to ship to a FFL elsewhere. Between all those charges and waiting, it's almost a better deal to buy at a local gun store.

rwschill
09-02-2008, 20:03
I have done deals with Glenn at Bargain Pawn and Rance Spurlock at his gunshop on Basic street in Henderson. Both good places to buy or trade.

magic
09-02-2008, 22:31
I don't have too much to offer, but.....

I had one transfer I got in at American Shooters. The whole transaction was much harder than it should have been. Long story short, the gun was there for like 5 days before I got it. They kept saying it never arrived, so I got the tracking number from the seller and it was delivered the prior week. Big misunderstanding, totally forgiven. And yes, the employees there are....:whistling: .....yeah. However, the owner of the shop (can't remember his name) was a nice guy. There were customers that came in to hang and haggle and it seemed that if you go in there and establish a relationship with him, he will take care of you. The selection was limited, but he's got stuff there. And he will take consignments. I'd go back again before I pass any judgment. Like I said, I was there for a transfer pickup, and I was in a big hurry. They seem pretty reasonable though. I only went in the one time, so that's all I got for ya.

osiruscyn
09-03-2008, 02:35
i've done my transfers with discount firearms and they went without a hitch. real great experiences with them.

1337-G
09-14-2008, 23:33
I do all my transfers at Henderson Defense.

Used sources of guns are the RJ classifieds and Craigslist.

FL2NV
09-14-2008, 23:46
Not sure how many used they have, but last time I was there, The Gun Store had a used G19 for $399.

digitspaw
09-24-2008, 11:38
There is a pawn shop on Sahara just west of the Strip on the north side of the street.
From time to time, they have some very decent used gear.

The guy is an FFL but is only there one or two days a week. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the name of the place.