Spore [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spore

Tvov
08-31-2008, 18:23
So, Spore is going to be released on Sept 7. I am planning on picking up the disc instead of downloading, I prefer having a disc.

Anyone else planning on getting it? Looks like a rather unique game. I wish there was more of a multiplayer aspect to it, but some rumors have it that that might come with future versions / patches.

jason10mm
09-03-2008, 08:34
Looks good to me as well. What is this I'm hearing that you are limited to three installs? Is that a digital download thing only, or also applied to the physical media?

One downside to downloading games is you miss out on the charts and maps. Not sure if Spore has them but damn, I miss the tech and unit tree maps when playing Medieval II and probably Company of Heroes.

Tvov
09-03-2008, 10:16
My understanding of the "3 installs", is that if you need to do more (after computer crashes, rebuild, adding hardware, etc) you just have to contact EA and they will give you another 3 installs. My assumption is that this is just a way to try to control pirating / copying. A note, though: most all of the information I have been reading about the game, including on the "official" EA forums, is basically guessing and second hand knowledge. There seems to be very little official information about the game being put out by EA, which seems odd to me.