Uterus Heat Therapy Bag (yes, I totally went there) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Uterus Heat Therapy Bag (yes, I totally went there)

PilotKitten
09-02-2008, 10:42
So, I was searching the internet for stuffed owls for inspiration to make my own as a gift for a friend and through the wonders of weird-ass boolean google search bots came upon the ever-popular knitted stuffed uterus (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTwomb.html)... umm... thing.

I'd seen it before and inspiration never hit before, but I guess the hellish week I just had with some of the worst period cramps of my life lent a hand to my creative juices flowing. I saw the stuffed pink uterus again and instantaneously decided that I wanted a heat therapy bag for those pesky cramps (you microwave them like a mini-heating pad).

I ran into the office and proclaimed to MrMurphy that I was a genius and explained my idea. I guess the whole "guy" thing is keeping him from completely understanding the fabulous-ness of it. Oh well... I am still quite confident in my fantastic genius creativity. :supergrin:

And so I present, my uterus! :supergrin:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2822114852_00bce5d977.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3128/2821280635_05d452860b.jpg

MrsKitty
09-03-2008, 18:31
:rofl:

That would probably work on shoulders too? Use the tubes to wrap it around the neck?

I bet she won't already have one of those. :supergrin:

Shondratasha
09-03-2008, 23:40
Oh my gosh, I know people who would want to buy those!!!

PilotKitten
09-04-2008, 08:17

That would probably work on shoulders too? Use the tubes to wrap it around the neck?

Yup, I've already used mine for the pain I get in my neck from tension headaches. The ovaries wrap around and can rest on my temples at the same time. :supergrin:

MrsKitty
09-04-2008, 09:05
You need to start making these things and selling them!

Mrs. Tink
09-04-2008, 10:12
I didn't respond before because I have no idea what to say. I still dont. :rollingeyes: :rofl:

Mrs. VR
09-04-2008, 19:30
That's awesome! :rofl: H was gonna get my mom a uterus shaped pillow when she had her hysterectomy. (that's so totally both of them :D )

kcb
09-07-2008, 18:32
In the days that I had one, I would have worn that out!

I believe that would be a huge hit.

I always had horrible cramps and a heating pad was my best friend! I would have much preferred something like that.

Now...I haven't needed one for years. I had a hysterectomy just after I turned 29 years young. :sad:

For my neck, shoulders and back....I could definitely use one.

One of my girlfriends, gave me a kitty cat that you pop in the microwave and wrap it around your shoulders. It's great!

:thumbsup:

Razoreye
10-05-2008, 17:18
Please do me a favor and never mention cramps and "creative juice flowing" in the same breath again. :rofl:

:wavey: Cute. Soooo glad I don't go through that. GFs always hate that part.

WIG19
10-14-2008, 13:02
Stick a cunning girl in a foreign country and what does she come up with...?
Capitalism!

:perfect10:

(now go ask Murph if he wants some of the royalties)

:patriot:

PilotKitten
10-16-2008, 22:32
Please do me a favor and never mention cramps and "creative juice flowing" in the same breath again. :rofl:

:wavey: Cute. Soooo glad I don't go through that. GFs always hate that part.

Duly noted. :supergrin:

fnfalman
10-17-2008, 11:56
I don't get it.

MrsKitty
10-17-2008, 13:56
I don't get it.

You don't have a uterus! :rofl: :wavey:

edcrosbys
01-17-2009, 09:37
I know it isn't the same thing, but I thought of this thread (and did my wife) when she saw this link. I had to share....
http://www.iheartguts.com/recall/

SUMMARY
Voluntary safety recall of Plush Uterus due to potential choking hazard for children. Recall participants will receive a 15%-off online coupon code. Consumers may either return for refund/exchange, or opt-out via email if the uterus is not accessible to children. Please notify gift recipients.

NOTICE
In an effort to ensure our plush products exceed federal and international safety standards, we learned the 2008 Plush Uterus has failed a pull test. The ovaries may detach when pulled, becoming a potential small part choking hazard for young children. No one has been harmed.

Although our website and sewn-on label state that the uterus is not for children aged 0-3, we have instituted a voluntary safety recall for the uterus plush. We have filed a safety recall notice with the U.S. Consumer Product and Safety Commission (CPSC). If the plush uterus is being used by a young child, please remove it immediately. If you gave the uterus as a gift, please forward this email to the recipient(s).

All other I Heart Guts plush products have been certified as safe for all ages under US and European safety standards.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Participants will receive a 15% off coupon code good for one order at www.iheartguts.com. Plush Uterus owners have two options to participate in the recall:

OPTION ONE--RETURN FOR REFUND OR EXCHANGE
Please contact recall@iheartguts.com for information on how to return your uterus for a refund or exchange for any other organ. We will pay all shipping costs if arranged through us. Please include your name and address so we know where to send guts.

OPTION TWO--OPT-OUT
If your plush uterus is NOT accessible to young children, and you wish to keep your beloved uterus, you may opt-out via email. Please send an email to the address below with the subject line, "UTERUS OPT OUT".

ADDITIONAL INFO

I Heart Guts
P.O. Box 25782
LA CA 90025

Thank you for being a part of our effort to certify that all of our plush products are safe for all ages and meet or exceed American and European toy safety standards, including the new federal Consumer Product and Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA). I Heart Guts apologizes for any inconvenience this recall may cause but the safety of our customers is important to us. Look for a redesigned, kid-safe uterus plush in Spring 2009.

kcb
01-18-2009, 12:24

One of my girlfriends gave me a cat that you can put in the microwave or freezer; then you wrap it around your shoulders and neck to ease the pain.

I have a lot of neck pain that can contribute to my migraines from a car accident in college; the injury was further complicated when I fainted and broke my foot in 2005. :upeyes: My bad fortune...times 2. But the kitty does bring comfort.

I no longer need the comfort shown in the OP. BUT when I DID, I REALLY did! I was VERY young when I went through surgical menopause. VERY young!!!

:faint:

PilotKitten
01-20-2009, 20:28
I know it isn't the same thing, but I thought of this thread (and did my wife) when she saw this link. I had to share....
http://www.iheartguts.com/recall/

Lol... who gives an infant a uterus?

edcrosbys
01-21-2009, 05:06
Lol... who gives an infant a uterus?
Maybe they were homesick?

That was that bad, huh?