Paging Linux folks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Paging Linux folks

SIGSAREBETTER
09-04-2008, 15:49
Yesterday we had a power outage and my computer was logged on and idling. About 10 minutes later it came back up and everything was fine until I logged in with my username and password. It then comes up with an "error 3" and mentions something about the bonobo activation server. I tried logging in under failsafe but the same message occured. I somehow got it so that now it requires me to "find a host", I typed in "Debian" and when I double-click I get into a different type of login screen but one that my username/password works for. It has language but no action or session like the original.

So basically, how the HELL do I get in and fix whatever is wrong? It's a PowerPC iMac running Debian.

IndyGunFreak
09-04-2008, 17:51
Yesterday we had a power outage and my computer was logged on and idling. About 10 minutes later it came back up and everything was fine until I logged in with my username and password. It then comes up with an "error 3" and mentions something about the bonobo activation server. I tried logging in under failsafe but the same message occured. I somehow got it so that now it requires me to "find a host", I typed in "Debian" and when I double-click I get into a different type of login screen but one that my username/password works for. It has language but no action or session like the original.

So basically, how the HELL do I get in and fix whatever is wrong? It's a PowerPC iMac running Debian.

Thats weird... Sorry I have no logical explanation for that.. I've had power drops on occasion, and have never had that issue.

IGF

Toyman
09-04-2008, 18:29
Everyone knows that Linux is foolproof. Me thinks you're dreaming about this problem. Go back to sleep and when you wake up it will be all better.

IndyGunFreak
09-05-2008, 02:23
Everyone knows that Linux is foolproof. Me thinks you're dreaming about this problem. Go back to sleep and when you wake up it will be all better.

I've never said it was foolproof, and I don't think I've ever saw anyone say that.

I'll take the very few problems I have w/ Linux(including Debian), over the mess that is Vista, any time.

IGF