No head shots? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : No head shots?

magic
09-06-2008, 09:38
Went to American Shooters yesterday, hadn't been there in quite some time. They've made a new rule now. No head shots, and no small targets. So if you want to bring in your own targets, and you show up with the little ones that are about head size, you will have to buy a B27 target from them and they will tape your targets onto it. Just thought you might wanna know. I understand they don't want the range getting shot up, just kinda sucks that you cant make head shots. An employee told a guy "we don't allow head shots, and your targets are about the size of a head" The guy said "yeah, that's kind of the point of using these targets." Oh well

osiruscyn
09-06-2008, 12:24
Went to American Shooters yesterday, hadn't been there in quite some time. They've made a new rule now. No head shots, and no small targets. So if you want to bring in your own targets, and you show up with the little ones that are about head size, you will have to buy a B27 target from them and they will tape your targets onto it. Just thought you might wanna know. I understand they don't want the range getting shot up, just kinda sucks that you cant make head shots. An employee told a guy "we don't allow head shots, and your targets are about the size of a head" The guy said "yeah, that's kind of the point of using these targets." Oh well

which american shooters was it? The one on boulder or the one on arville??

that rule is friggin retarded. WHen the county range opens up, the local indoor ranges are going to be hurting. THey may lighten up their stances then.

jpa
09-06-2008, 12:55
They probably got tired of people shooting the hangers down and losing a functional lane. Can't say I blame them, I'm sure it's a pain in the rear to replace/repair them.

I'm still withholding any opinions on the new shooting park until it's 1) built, 2) open, 3) and all the rules are posted. I can see their rules actually being similar to a regular open range like no draw from holster, no rapid fire, no head shots, etc etc.

digitspaw
09-09-2008, 17:59
They probably got tired of people shooting the hangers down and losing a functional lane. Can't say I blame them, I'm sure it's a pain in the rear to replace/repair them.

I'm still withholding any opinions on the new shooting park until it's 1) built, 2) open, 3) and all the rules are posted. I can see their rules actually being similar to a regular open range like no draw from holster, no rapid fire, no head shots, etc etc.

Yeah. That and the fact that Ron Montoya has butt breath. I also don't think too much of Reggie the Range Master. That being said, they just want to protect their investment and after all, there are a ton of dorks in that place on a daily basis. However, not nearly as many as at the Gun Store.:rofl: