Moving to Charlottesville... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Charlottesville...

RussP
09-06-2008, 11:00
Leaving Richmond for C'Ville in the next few months.

Going to be in the Lake Monticello area. Other than RRPC, where do y'all shoot?

:cool:

Messer
09-06-2008, 16:43
Well - welcome to the neighborhood. :wavey:

A lot of folks still do their shooting on private land around here - you just have to know folks.

As to ranges - you have RRPC just outside C'ville and Piedmont Sportsmans Club, just outside Gordonsville. Both are good clubs - RRPC seems is easier to become a member - Piedmont has a better long range rifle range.

I'm a member out at RRPC - if you want to come out and look around, let me know.

Take care,
Bob S.

RussP
09-06-2008, 19:20
Thanks, Bob, as we get a little closer to the move, I'll take you up on your offer.

I've downloaded the application.

RussP
05-08-2009, 08:37
Well, it's taken 8 months to sell the Richmond house( :faint: ), one weekend to buy the new house, but the move is scheduled for between 6/16 and 6/19...

Downsizing from 2800 feet to 1653 feet is just no fun at all. I know where the gun safe and my computer setup are going. Mrs RussP assumed responsibility for arranging where everything else goes (THANK YOU GOD!!!).

Packing up stuff really makes one reconsider one's pack-rat-mentality. Why did I save some of this??? Son-in-law says unpacking will be even more interesting (Where am I going to put this thing/stuff?) as even more will be thrown away...

I might take a break after the basics are unpacked and spend some time shooting, you know, therapy.

OK, got to go pack "stuff".

Messer
05-08-2009, 09:36
Well - I'm helping with a NRA Pistol Instructor class this weekend out at RRPC. If you feel the need, I'm sure we can make some noise after the class lets out.

I'll PM you my cell phone #

L8r,
Bob S.

RussP
05-08-2009, 10:58
Thanks, Bob, I replied to your message.