search optimization [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : search optimization

goblue
09-06-2008, 20:58
My wife had a website created for her small service business (interior design). She pays $50/mo for Google AdWords but on a search for her type of service in the local area, her site does not rank anywhere near the top.

Her website designer is offering to SEO optimize her Website for $450, but I am somewhat unclear what this will accomplish. Won’t she need to have frequent updates, links, etc. to have the SEO remain current? What are the questions that I should ask the SEO person?

What is the best way to have her website optimized? She is unlikely to make the updates herself.

Yar
09-06-2008, 23:05
SEO varies from search engine to search engine and changes over time. To stay on top you have to read the SEO forums and apply regular tweaks to your website. Much of it is good use of keywords and descriptions. Build a good site and make it easy for the web bots to find you. search engine friendly web formatting etc.

Linking is important to some search engines. So having good links is a good thing. Mostly in the form of extablished and ranked sites in the same industery linking to your site.

I would start by reading the SEO forums, there are several out there. Like all things you have to do your homework. That or you have to pay somebody to do it for you and hope they are competent. The people on the SEO forums are pretty nice. Offer plenty of good tips.