Wichita Kansas Magazine Limitation? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wichita Kansas Magazine Limitation?

JDB
09-07-2008, 21:57
Hello all,

I just moved to Wichita Kansas from CA and thought I moved to a free area. I just noticed that some suppliers advertise that they will not send/sell magazines more than 20 rounds to this area. I have done some searching and can not find this law/restriction anywhere on the NRA site and in general on the internet. Is anyone familiar with this restriction? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank you

toddmog
09-08-2008, 06:36
I don't live in Wichita, but have never heard of that. You should check out www.ksccw.com There is a pretty good bunch of guys over there...many from the Wichita area.

searcher66083
09-08-2008, 14:48
I am not in the Ta, but I am here in KS. I would also recommend going to the KSCCW site and asking around. I have never had any problems with getting high cap magazines here. I run 22rd mags in my Limited gun and I knwo a couple that run 33rd in some of their "play" guns.

racer11
09-30-2008, 20:07
who are the suppliers ??

No such restriction in Ks of Wichita,,,,,ck on Ksccw site

JDB
10-02-2008, 06:00
The suppliers I saw this advertised were Streichers and the Sportsman's Guide. I checked out ksccw and got a quick answer and some history of a past ban. It turns out no such limitation exists anymore as state law stopped local jurisdictions from passing these patchwork limitations. The suppliers either have not gotten the memo or perhaps there are some legal issues for them.

Thanks for the referal and it feels good to be here, my family and I enjoy this area greatly.

Armandhammer
11-22-2008, 22:54
I live in Wichita and ordered/received a 33-rd mag from Top Gun, no problems...

firedawg60
12-22-2009, 20:06
I live just south of Wichita and haven't heard anything about this. I'll check with a couple of guys at work and see if they know anything.