Chantilly Gun Show This Weekend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Chantilly Gun Show This Weekend

watsoncb
09-09-2008, 08:36
I just got my $1 off coupon for this weekend's Nations Gun Show in Chantilly. I had forgotten the show was coming. I got go check all of the living room chairs for loose change.

I think this trip will be mostly an ammo run.

cdunn
09-09-2008, 15:39
yep, I'll be there when they open, getting ammo, and looking for a sw 1911pd, or some other commander size 1911.

ChuteTheMall
09-12-2008, 20:10
I went Friday afternoon, got there about 4:30PM, and had to park in the distant lot. It was already packed on a weekday afternoon.

Many prices have gone up since last year:

Yugo SKS's were between $250 and $299.
Last year I think they were $179.

WASR AK's were over $425.
Last year they were $300-330.

Saigas were finally back in 12g and .308, but priced $549-599! Last year they were hard to find, and the year before they were only about $300!!!!

Ammo was a little cheaper than I recalled, at least in 7.62x39 Golden Tiger FMJ at $165 for 1000 rounds. Too bad it wasn't JHP or SP.

AK Bulgie waffle mags were nowhere to be found again, and there were very few AK mags shown.

OBX ammo sold Glock mags for $18 (2/$35) but just two months ago they had them for $14. I stocked up.

And Dark Sun forgot their big banner. Usual location.

Also, on the way in I saw one car with two "Sportsmen for Warner" bumperstickers on it, and one of them was falling halfway off in the rain, and it was barely covering an Obama '08 bumpersticker! I wish I had a camera. There was one lonely looking college boy standing ignored at his Sportsman for Warner table; I didn't waste any valuable shopping time with him. He looked very uncomfortable.:tongueout:

watsoncb
09-13-2008, 08:49
Lots of the usual stuff, some decent old S&Ws but the guys selling them want over $750 for everything. Some times I wonder if they really want to sell firearms or just tease you.

Most of the prices seemed to have jumped up some. The chatting at the show was about the election and buying what you want/need now. Thus the prices may have been adjusted upward. But I may be too suspicious.

gtrcivic
09-13-2008, 10:20
just like hurricanes and gas prices going up, same thing with guns and election year...everyone is trying to make a $$$..

i'll skip the show this time. Heck the same show that goes to richmond charges $6. Used to go during the days where 2 chinamen would have stacks of cases of Norinco ammo for so cheap. Too bad those days are gone!

saminksiii
09-13-2008, 16:37
I got some OBX mags too. Pretty good price these days even if you factor in the $11 to get in the door. I know OMB has them (on backorder) for 17.99 + but mine are at home

varoadking
09-14-2008, 19:14
There was one lonely looking college boy standing ignored at his Sportsman for Warner table; I didn't waste any valuable shopping time with him. He looked very uncomfortable.

Mark Warner was a fine Governor and will make a fine Senator for the Commonwealth. He's a far better choice than the RINO by the same last name that's currently "representing" us...

vafish
09-15-2008, 08:13
Mark Warner was a fine Governor and will make a fine Senator for the Commonwealth. He's a far better choice than the RINO by the same last name that's currently "representing" us...

I don't know that I would go quite as far as saying that Governer Warner was a "Fine" Governor.

But his pro gun record as Governor is better than Senator Warners has been lately.

Broadside
09-15-2008, 16:39
Most of the prices seemed to have jumped up some. The chatting at the show was about the election and buying what you want/need now. Thus the prices may have been adjusted upward. But I may be too suspicious.

Interesting. I helped out a dealer at the show and most of the chatting among the dealers was about how bad the show was.

No matter how people may feel about the election, I think the economy was the overriding factor which kept people away. The 1:00PM Redskins game on Sunday didn't help either.

The weather was also a contributing factor. It still felt like summer outside (especially on Sunday). I think many people wanted to take advantage of the good weather for outdoor activities while they could.

OBX had to raise their prices because after the last show all the dealers called their distributors and raised holy hell. They were selling Glock magazinesway below dealer cost at the last show. They were still selling below dealer cost at this show.

Fungunner
09-15-2008, 20:07
I've been so disappointed at the last 3 shows I went to, same old same old, dealers selling guns for nearly the same prices you can get them at local shops, in some cases. I used to come out of every show I went to with at least 1 firearm. Not any more.

Plus, you've got the additional overhead of gas and admission. And waiting to be processed, if you can get a dealer's attention. Deals to be had are generally few or a thing of the past, IMO.

vafish
09-15-2008, 20:11
I haven't gone to the Chantilly show in about a year. I've never found any deals there.

Olivers_AR
09-16-2008, 21:34
I also sat with one of the dealer since his son couldn't make the show to help out on Sunday. They moved some of the vendors around and general consensus is that the show sucked. The telling sign was that the aisles weren't crowded, and as noted, between the skins and the pretty day, little traffic.

Even some talk about skipping the next one in Nov., its around Thanksgiving timeframe, post election. It depends on the election, could be a down show due to the holiday or a panic buying situtation :crying:

Interesting. I helped out a dealer at the show and most of the chatting among the dealers was about how bad the show was.

vafish
09-17-2008, 08:35
I also sat with one of the dealer since his son couldn't make the show to help out on Sunday. They moved some of the vendors around and general consensus is that the show sucked. The telling sign was that the aisles weren't crowded, and as noted, between the skins and the pretty day, little traffic.

Even some talk about skipping the next one in Nov., its around Thanksgiving timeframe, post election. It depends on the election, could be a down show due to the holiday or a panic buying situtation :crying:

IIRC the one in November is also the opening of firearms deer season. Never could figure out why they do that.