Computer keeps crashing on startup and then trying to start again, over and over... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Computer keeps crashing on startup and then trying to start again, over and over...

TED
09-10-2008, 20:53
I had scheduled a disk error check for my friend's computer. So he starts it up and the disk error check is in progress and past the cancel point. So he is like how long is this goin to take and I said an hour. Then he's all like I need to use this thing now, I ain't wait'n for no hour. So he presses and holds the power button and manually force the computer off during the disk error check.

Now the thing is all FUBAR'ed and keeps on crashing during startup and then trying to retart itself over and over.

What to do? Besides get different friends who are more patient.

TED

betyourlife
09-10-2008, 21:05
Nothing, let the *^%*(&% deal with it himself.

srhoades
09-10-2008, 21:11
Boot into safe mode and chkdsk it. If it comes back with unrecoverable errors that's what he gets.

TED
09-10-2008, 21:29
It will not even start up in safe mode.

TED

JMag
09-10-2008, 21:45
What to do? Besides get different friends who are more patient.

TED

Use a hammer on it maybe?

:supergrin:

IndyGunFreak
09-11-2008, 04:34
It will not even start up in safe mode.

TED

Time to reinstall I'd say. Hope he either has the disks, or you can boot the recovery partition.

srhoades
09-11-2008, 09:11
Boot into safe mode and chkdsk it. If it comes back with unrecoverable errors that's what he gets.

I said safe mode but I ment recovery console. Boot of the windows disc and go into repair.

TED
09-11-2008, 12:41
srhodes, thank you very much that solved it and everything is alright. He and I both learned something important and useful (yet seemingly obvious) from this...DO NOT force the computer off in the middle of a disk error check!!!!

Again, thank you all for your kind assistance. I am truly retarded when it comes to computers, and my friend is even worse. I truly apprecaite the help.

Thanks srhodes.

TED