Where to outdoor shoot in Socal? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to outdoor shoot in Socal?

Openroadracer
09-11-2008, 22:56
Going to be visiting family and friends in the Corona/Lake Elsinore area next month and would like to take a few of them shooting. Looking for an outdoor area that I'll be able to shoot rifles and handguns. I'll probably bring a Savage .308 so I'd like to shoot out to 300-400 yards if possible. Is there any BLM or other public land where shooting is allowed in Riverside County?

I'm in Utah now, but about 15 years ago I remember going to the Lytle Creek area. On the weekends it got pretty interesting. I'd heard they'd shut that down though. Is that the case?

Quiet
09-12-2008, 01:17
I'm in Utah now, but about 15 years ago I remember going to the Lytle Creek area. On the weekends it got pretty interesting. I'd heard they'd shut that down though. Is that the case?

Lytle Creek is now a regulated shooting range.

http://www.lytlecreekrange.com/

Inspire
09-14-2008, 02:33
I got o Angeles about every Sunday. www.angelesranges.com

Openroadracer
09-15-2008, 11:33
Thanks, both look good.

SubSolar
09-24-2008, 00:29
I second Angeles Ranges

Undertow
10-19-2008, 23:24
For a range very close to Corona, go to the Chino Shooting Range. AKA the Prado Olympic Shooting Park - the site of the shooting matches for the 1984 Olympics. Nice facility which is entirely outdoors and you can shoot rifle and pistol.

I recently went to the Angeles Shooting Ranges for the first time and it's nice too! But a much further drive from where you'll be staying. Fun though, as they have a slew of steel plates set up at various distances to plink at.

SubSolar
10-20-2008, 00:10
For a range very close to Corona, go to the Chino Shooting Range. AKA the Prado Olympic Shooting Park - the site of the shooting matches for the 1984 Olympics. Nice facility which is entirely outdoors and you can shoot rifle and pistol.

I recently went to the Angeles Shooting Ranges for the first time and it's nice too! But a much further drive from where you'll be staying. Fun though, as they have a slew of steel plates set up at various distances to plink at.

I go to Prado all the time for clay shooting and pistol. Never been rifle shooting, don't they only allow rimfire (.22) rifles and only 25 meter range?

Inspire
11-09-2008, 20:40
I go to Prado all the time for clay shooting and pistol. Never been rifle shooting, don't they only allow rimfire (.22) rifles and only 25 meter range?

Yeah, they are very limited on rifles which is why I have never gone there.

I would like to try out clay shooting there though.

SubSolar
11-09-2008, 20:51
Yeah, they are very limited on rifles which is why I have never gone there.

I would like to try out clay shooting there though.

Yeah, it's great for clay shooting. Handgun is okay too, but closed down a lot of times for law enforcement training.

emperor8
11-12-2008, 01:33
Burro Canyon is a pretty good place but it's a bit of a drive.

shmeddie
11-23-2008, 20:07
both Angeles and Burro Canyon are pretty far from Corona.