Moto GP in Indy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP in Indy

norton
09-12-2008, 18:05
It don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime-
No it hasn't rained here for months.
But of course the weekend of the Big Moto GP race at Indy-the weather forecast looks bleak.
Too bad, I know they run in the rain, but this will probably keep the crowds down.
I am bummed cause our local dirt track was going to run bikes this weekend-it was rained out.
The Indy mile is making a comeback after a 10 year absence. It may not come off either.
I plan to ride down for the Indy mile. It will be my first ride in more then 5 years.
I will report back.

fnfalman
09-12-2008, 18:18
Let us know. I'll try to find a TV channel that will show MotoGP this weekend.

GO Rossi!!!

davew83
09-12-2008, 19:50
its on NBC

Rikki
09-13-2008, 04:47
I went yesterday(Fri) and am going today and tomorrow.
It was nice yesterday(even in the rain)-lite crowds;you could sit anywhere you wanted and turn 1 was fun to watch.
125's were in lighter rain:lapping around 1:55
250's in heavier rain: about 1:56
moto gp in WET heavy rain..about 1:53
so all were good to watch.

norton
09-14-2008, 08:05
Last nights Indy mile was incredible. The largest crowd by far of any I have seen in all the years I have gone done there. Not your normal Harley T shirt loaded crowd you normally see at the Grand National events, but spectators riding everything from 70's Laverda twins, to just about every bike you can imagine.
Kenny Roberts made an appearance and so did Nicky Hayden. They were both interviewed by the track announcer.
Chris Carr won. Coolbeth was 2nd.
You could have thrown a blanket over the top 3, that battled lap after lap around the mile dirt track.
All of the American riders that have gone on to find success in Moto GP came from the Grand National ranks. Roberts, Hayden, Spencer, Rainey, Lawson-on and on.
I even rode down. Started out on a Ducati Monster 1000, but she was blowing oil before we got out of town. Ended up riding a Victory Cruiser, pretty nice bike. Would have rather ridden the Ducati but-

Norman
09-14-2008, 08:17
What time is it on? I'm not seeing it on tvguide.com

It shows AMA racing at 3pm, but not MotoGP racing.

norton
09-14-2008, 17:49
SPOILER ALERT!

Rossi won.

epsylum
09-16-2008, 07:44
SPOILER ALERT!

Rossi won.

Hayden passed for the lead right in front of where I was sitting though (later to be passed by Rossi). Even though I was cold and wet, I was standing and yelling when that happened.

Conditions SUCKED. 70mph gusts. One almost blew my buddy over. The fact that they were going upwards of 180mph in those conditions and no one wrecked says a lot about their skill, even the back markers.

My buddy has a shop a block away from IMS and had a party with three kegs on Saturday night. That was a blast. We were jamming out to music, drinking, and watching all the bike traffic on 16th st.

I got to see a new V-Max there as well at the Yamaha tent. Oh....my.... God. I NEED one! That is one bad mofo. $18k though... ouch.