Acer released new Aspire One updates [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Acer released new Aspire One updates

The Pontificator
09-14-2008, 16:47
a number of patches to deal with various issues mainly with Media Master media player.

Been knocking around with various video formats and Media Master seems to run much better and it now has automatic looping whereas before there was no looping. Great for watching those short 'nature programs'. :whistling:

sgtslwilson
09-15-2008, 19:39
a number of patches to deal with various issues mainly with Media Master media player.

Been knocking around with various video formats and Media Master seems to run much better and it now has automatic looping whereas before there was no looping. Great for watching those short 'nature programs'. :whistling:

I've got the xp version. If you can figure out how to dual boot xp and Linpus let me know.

This has been driving me nuts for 2 weeks.

Also, be sure and update your bios. Go to macles website.

The Pontificator
09-19-2008, 09:23
I've got the xp version. If you can figure out how to dual boot xp and Linpus let me know.

This has been driving me nuts for 2 weeks.

Also, be sure and update your bios. Go to macles website.

What is "Macles"? Is the BIOS update for XP? or Linpus?

Sgt. Schultz
09-19-2008, 11:36
Ponti... BIOS updates are a risk and should only be installed if you're fixing a specific problem addressed by the update. You need to be aware that if the BIOS update fails for ANY reason (power surge, spike etc…) you may not be able to reboot your computer again. My philosophy is that if it is not broken, don't fix it. There can be some dangers in updating the BIOS … so if the computer works to your satisfaction, then use it and don't update what you don't need.

The Pontificator
09-19-2008, 14:42
BIOS updates are a risk My philosophy is that if it is not broken, don't fix it. There can be some dangers in updating the BIOS … so if the computer works to your satisfaction, then use it and don't update what you don't need.

My sentiments exactly. Aside from a couple of very minor glitches my AAO runs well and I'm not going to go messing in Linpus. This is where too many AAO users...most of them Linux noobs...are getting into trouble.

The Pontificator
09-19-2008, 14:48
Acer released another patch this morning.