Navy PT chart [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Navy PT chart

Jwinter
09-14-2008, 20:17
I am looking for the minimum PT requirements witht he age break downs. I have no intention of doing the min. I just need to see where I am on it and to keep pushing. But i would liek to gauge my progress.
I found it a while ago but havent been able to find it againg in 2 weeks.
Any help is welcome.
Thanks
Jwinter

Beer_Forever
09-14-2008, 20:20
I know the spec ops off the top of my head, but I forget the minimum for the enlisted. I know that you have to do push up, sit up, sit and reach, and a 1.5 mile run, I just don't remember how many.

Did you try google?

Beer_Forever
09-14-2008, 20:24
One minute looking for it on google.

http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard.html

Biscuitsjam
09-14-2008, 21:13
Darn - I thought this was going to be a joke thread from a Soldier or Marine.

DHansen
09-15-2008, 07:58
Maybe from a Marine, but definitely not a soldier. Navy PT standards are actually higher than the Army. To max a particular category on the Navy PFA beats out the Army PFT in every category, even the run. They DO run 2 miles, but they don't have to do it as fast as our 1.5. Evens out, I suppose.

Jwinter
09-15-2008, 21:17
No no joke
Im in the Delayed Entry Program and i need to be in better shape and i have been working on it but i need to find a goal and strive past it. and that info was what i needed.

chuckman
09-16-2008, 11:16
How old are you? If you shoot for 80/80 and a run of 11:30 or better, you should be OK. By the way, PT your butt of now, as once you get to boot camp, you really don't PT too much.

Jwinter
09-16-2008, 15:39
Im 26 now and 27 when i actually go. I am working out 5 to 6 days a week lifting weights and carido. 5 Days min. So far im doing well ive lost about 4 pounds and a inch or 2 in my waist size.

chuckman
09-19-2008, 11:29
Good job on your progress. You mentioned the weight loss...are you overweight? Keep plugging away, do lots and lots of pull-ups and curl-ups, and keep running. What are you contracting? (i.e., what job are you going into)

Jwinter
09-20-2008, 01:29
No not overweight by anymeans just like to lose some weight at the midsection. Current job is Corpsman but attempting to switch to Master at Arms.

chuckman
09-20-2008, 15:49
I am an officer now, in the USNR, but was a corpsman for many years with the Marines. Loved every friggin' minute of it. The MAA rate was pretty wide open, lots of advancement, but is popluar now and is becoming competitive for advancement (i.e., making rank). I cannot speak to MAA, but if you have any questions about HM, let me know.

J.Kill
10-18-2008, 09:13
I was going to re-enter as a MAA but they told me the rotation now is 36 months INCONUS and 36 OUTCONUS(wife didn't like that idea)The recruiter and other MA's i spoke with stated that there is no real sea/shore rotation any more for MA's... I'm kinda working at losing weight now before I get any older to possibly go back in as EOD.

chuckman
10-21-2008, 14:49
I have a buddy that switched from HM to MA, cross-rated back when it was wide-open. You know where he deployed? Pearl Harbor and San Diego, while all of us HMs went to lesser, hotter, nastier places. The bastard.