Front Sight Practical Rifle course [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Front Sight Practical Rifle course

crazypilot
09-15-2008, 10:32
Any of you taken the 4-day Practical Rifle course at FS? I'm planning on going but I need to know what equipment I have to take with me? Also, do you need a scope for the class?

jpa
09-15-2008, 19:23
I have yet to go to a FS class. If you want to talk to some people with some experience in their classes, talk to Batesmotel or Shondratasha. They're like, life members or something so they've been to a few classes.

Sweatnbullets
09-15-2008, 22:50
Any of you taken the 4-day Practical Rifle course at FS? I'm planning on going but I need to know what equipment I have to take with me? Also, do you need a scope for the class?

BTDT a number of times. No scope necessary.

Bring chair, sun screen, water, lunch, snacks, at least four mags, elbow pads, knees pads, gloves, hat, usual safety gear, and small first aid kit.

Do not fall for the marketing, they have an 8 million dollar law suit to pay off pretty soon. Not sure if they can actually do that.

crazypilot
09-15-2008, 23:00
Yeah I know. I still have a FS certificate that I need to use up. That's the only training I can afford at the moment. I'm trying to use it ASAP since I may leave LV within the year. Thanks for the info.

Where's a good place to get the elbow/knee pads and mag holders?

jpa
09-16-2008, 01:40
You can get all of the above at Quartermaster uniforms on Spring Mountain at Valley View. The knee pads are $24.99, elbow pads are $15.99 and they have several different types of AR magazine pouches. If you plan on spending around $100 let me know, I have a coupon for $25 off a $99 order I can forward to you.

crazypilot
09-16-2008, 08:28
Cool Thanks.

digitspaw
09-24-2008, 11:41
BTDT a number of times. No scope necessary.

Bring chair, sun screen, water, lunch, snacks, at least four mags, elbow pads, knees pads, gloves, hat, usual safety gear, and small first aid kit.

Do not fall for the marketing, they have an 8 million dollar law suit to pay off pretty soon. Not sure if they can actually do that.

Hey Roger, is the course good enough to recommend it to *me*?

Sweatnbullets
09-24-2008, 19:23

Only if you can get it dirt cheap.....$100 max for a grey certificate for four days.

crazypilot
09-24-2008, 19:34
When are you planning on going? Would love some company.

Only if you can get it dirt cheap.....$100 max for a grey certificate for four days.
Agreed. I know ebay has some.