Miramar Air Show 10/3-10/5 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Miramar Air Show 10/3-10/5

Eric1963
09-16-2008, 15:05
I am thinking about going next month. Since it will be my first time, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good time to arrive. Also, are the paid packages (which offer preferential parking, seating, and, optionally, tents, food, and drink) are worth it?

http://www.miramarairshow.com/

Thanks!
Eric

MikeG22
09-23-2008, 14:50
Definitely go on Saturday the 4th. You have to see the twilight show and the wall of fire at the end, it's pretty amazing. I've done it both ways with the paid package and not and I just say skip the paid part. There are plenty of food and drinks to be bought and I always spend a bunch of time wandering and looking at all the planes and choppers they have parked all over the place. Figuring on staying till 9pm getting there in the afternoon usually works out well for me or earlier depending. Bring a hat and loads of sunscreen. In recent years I just motorcycle in, pass all the cars in line and park right in the very front. It's super convenient if you have that ability.

Eric1963
09-28-2008, 19:57
Thanks for the info, Mike! I am going on Saturday, skipping the paid option. Take care,

Eric

SomeDay
09-30-2008, 01:03
+1. I have gotten there when it opens and stayed til past the twilight show, but I'm the type that can watch the same show 3 times and still get something new out of it! Sitting in the grandstands is nice, paying for a tent is even better. However, this is simply a luxury, the full benefit of the air show can be had with a little advance planning and jokying for position at the flight line. Make sure you bring a blanket, LOTS of sunscreen, and a pair of binoculars and you will have a great time.
BTW, there are plenty of shuttle buses to take to to and from each of the parking lots, but I typically end up walking - great way to burn off the tons of calories you will end up consuming this weekend.
Have fun.