CCW Legalities [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW Legalities

mossy500camo
09-16-2008, 22:23
Question about CCW carry and Dept stores. I cant get a straight answer from the Local PD or SO or WALMART. So my question is.... Is it legal to carry (CCW) in dept stores such as Wal Mart, target, Kmart, Sears Etc. Thanks for any and all info. Mossy

mossy500camo
09-18-2008, 22:54
So... No one knows.....

cranejc
09-18-2008, 23:12
as far as i know, yes it is. i base this upon the fact that there is no law against it, these stores have no posted "No Weapons" signs at their entrances, and due to various AG opinions throughout the years, especially those of Charlie Graddick.

BamaBud
09-19-2008, 09:54
In Jefferson County, it lists those places that are prohibited. Each Sheriff makes his own policies, since he has the power of discretionary issue.
But under state law, there is a no preemption clause, so they should be uniform.

By violating the stipulations of your permit and getting arrested would make a nice test case, if you want to be one. I personally don't want to.

Kasinefect
09-29-2008, 20:46
Jefferson County is fine with Department stores, supermarkets, ect. No No's include "sterile" areas of the airport, schools, any kind of Government buildind including courthouses and post office and it is of course best not to pack in bars anywhere. Now a store called TUESDAY MORNING has a sign in all of their locations that says no guns as well as HARDEE's,(at least it used to.) I don't know if they can make it stick here-I just don't give them my business!

Now in some states like Texas if you see a business that has a no guns sign posted-Believe it!