2000 table gun show?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2000 table gun show??

GaJohnny
09-17-2008, 19:29
What's the buzz on this super duper 2000 plus table gun show at the atlanta expo center scheduled for October 4&5.

Anybody heard or seen anything other than billboards around town?

sappy13
09-17-2008, 22:40
I havent really heard much about it other than what i have seen from the site that lists all our gunshows. I know i plan on going though, cause that will be an awesome show. I dont even plan on buying anything right now, but with that many tables there is no telling what you might find, lol.

FillYerHands
09-18-2008, 07:46
Wow, didn't know it was that big. With that many tables, even with blow guns and foot massagers the statistics say there should be at least 1,000 real gun related tables. I am going.

Time to start saving. :upeyes:

mursalot
09-29-2008, 21:26
i'll be there! definitely worth the trip from columbus. well it's always worth the trip even if it's held at the farmers market. we get 1 show down here a year if we are lucky. there is a flyer for the event: http://nationalarmsshow.com/
it seems like a bunch of gun show producers are getting together for the big event. i remember c&e gun shows were awesome when i was stationed at bragg. they would set up camp the first weekend of every month in the convention center of fayettenam! of course once the war started, they cut things back to once every other month. if that is just one gun show producer that's going to be there, i can't imagine what the other 4 will be like. damn, it takes me 2 hours at the least to get through a 300 table show. this could be a whole weekend event.

FillYerHands
09-30-2008, 08:10
This show is at the Atlanta Expo Center off Jonesboro Road, exit 55 off I-285. For you, not as far to come as the Farmer's Market, but not exactly the best part of town either.

I'll see you there, I will be the one in the camo. :rofl:

mursalot
09-30-2008, 11:28
i think the odds of seeing each other will be 1 in 7,500 :rofl:

FillYerHands
10-01-2008, 05:44
Nah, if I'm the one in the camo, it will be about 1 in 4. :whistling:

(Carson's Rule: If you have to explain a joke, it isn't going to work.)

ATL Peach Girl
10-01-2008, 08:29
What's the buzz on this super duper 2000 plus table gun show at the atlanta expo center scheduled for October 4&5.

Anybody heard or seen anything other than billboards around town?
damn!!!

I am seeing the billboards around town. I want to go, but don't want to go alone. I may have to work too.

Are any of you GA GT'ers going?????? :dunno:

Edited to add: I see a few of you will be there.

ATL Peach Girl
10-01-2008, 08:30
This show is at the Atlanta Expo Center off Jonesboro Road, exit 55 off I-285. For you, not as far to come as the Farmer's Market, but not exactly the best part of town either.

I'll see you there, I will be the one in the camo. :rofl:
THAT is exactly what I was thinking too.......it is in one of the worst parts of town. :shocked: I saw the boards and thought "NO WAY!!! Jonesboro??" :supergrin:

FillYerHands
10-03-2008, 07:37
Well, it's not as bad as some, si hables espanol. Truth be told, one reason I am going is that my mother, grandmother, and grandfather are buried in the cemetery right across the street. Not to inject a bummer, but I live in Kennesaw and I don't get down there near often enough.

Besides, the only other shows I go to are at the Cobb Civic Center and it always seems to be the same tables.

Glockwork Orange
10-03-2008, 16:33
Wow! What irony! I took Saturday off and had nothing planned! Guess I'll be going since it's pretty close to me (Henry)...

mursalot
10-04-2008, 16:29
that thing was pretty big! all the good stuff was on the right. the older stuff and all the misc stuff on the left. found a good price on glock mags :) $20 for g19 and $32 for g18 mags.

sappy13
10-04-2008, 17:31
yea, there was a good bit of stuff there. i didnt get anything,but my dad sold a ar15 and a buddy got a acog for like 550. so all in all it was a pretty good show.

Glockwork Orange
10-04-2008, 18:00
I was suprised that it was not that bad! The gun shows have been pretty subpar lately...the $12.00 door charge was a bit much...I should've tinned my way in with the Atlanta P.D. sgt. who was there...oh, well...it covers u for both days at least...I picked up a couple PMags ($13 each), got a couple of
G30 mags ($19.95 each) and a MagPul MIAD grip ($45)...I have to go back tomorrow because I found out that I do not have the tools to remove the trigger guard from my M4...guy I bought the MIAD from said he'll bring in his tools to do it tomorrow if I could come back...it's only 12 miles...another table had tons of Federal HST and his prices matched ammunitiontogo.com, so I'll probably pick some up in the morning on my way to the James Joyce Pub in Avondale for brunch! There were no great gun deals that I saw...I could get everything cheaper locally anyway and with 3 month layaway...

mursalot
10-05-2008, 01:06
i was all over those federal HST's! $20 for 50 is a great price in 9mm. they had everything from 124gr to 124+p to 147gr :) they had some other strange 9mm target ammo for dirt cheap, but don't want to dirty up my glock too much. that's the first time i've seen the HST's besides on the web. wish i would have bought more.....

mursalot
10-05-2008, 01:11
one last thing to add. did anybody see the ATF table in the back left corner??? they have a bunch of free literature and they are extremely friendly.

FillYerHands
10-06-2008, 08:44
I enjoyed the show, went Sunday. Picked up some ammo in 9mm and 7.62x39, along with the usual patches and army field manuals.

I was surpised to find no one selling night sights for my Glock. Actually, I just needed the front sight installation tool, I will have to order it from Midway or something.

I stopped to chat with the ATF guys and they did seem friendly. Picked up the brohures for the home library.

Glockwork Orange
10-06-2008, 11:37
i was all over those federal HST's! $20 for 50 is a great price in 9mm...

Me too, unfortunately, I spoke to that guy and he will not be at any more GA gun shows! He only came down from NC for this show at the request of the promoters for this weekends double promotion...future shows will only be under the one promoter and smaller, like a regular gun show, and he won't attend...he does do mail order though! I'm gonna try him, his prices are same as Ammunitiontogo and I'm tired of getting orders from ATG that look beat to hell!!! I don't know if its ATG or UPS throwing the boxes around, but my ammo arrives and the ammo boxes are falling apart...it was nice while it lasted! It looks like we're back to the same crappy gun shows here in Atlanta (plenty of Nazi paraphenalia and jerky...but no HST)

Glockwork Orange
10-06-2008, 11:39
I was surpised to find no one selling night sights for my Glock..

There was an armorer there early on Saturday...went back to have the roll pins in the M4 trigger guard removed so I could install a MIAD and he was gone never to be seen again!

insanity.
10-11-2008, 20:24
It looks like we're back to the same crappy gun shows here in Atlanta (plenty of Nazi paraphenalia and jerky...but no HST)

I missed this one and pissed. There will be one at the end of October sometime at the Cobb Civic Center guess I will have to go there. I laughed about the Nazi stuff... seems like last on I went to was a World War show with some gun stuff on the side!