Multiple FireFox crashes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Multiple FireFox crashes

Romadoc
09-17-2008, 20:44
For the last few weeks, I have been experiencing a truly inordinate number of browser crashes. Each time a screen appears asking whether to start a new session or return to the previous session. I have downloaded the new version, so I would doubt some conflict between old and new. I do note, however, that on my daughter's mac there is the large "3" on the FireFox opening page whereas on mine, also a mac, the older format remains. Has anyone else also been having crashes?

SnapCraklePOP
09-17-2008, 20:54
i am right there with you!

Gun Shark
09-17-2008, 20:57
nope sorry man I think its either your computer, someone playing a joke on you, or incompatibility between mac and firefox. all is possible but on a mac its very unlikely that someone hacked into your computer. atleast someone you don't know and has some access to your computer.

Razrbk444
09-17-2008, 21:48
You might try to uninstall Firefox, delete the folder it was installed in, and any trace of the program before reinstalling the latest version again.....At least that's what I would do PC.:supergrin:

IndyGunFreak
09-18-2008, 05:52
For the last few weeks, I have been experiencing a truly inordinate number of browser crashes. Each time a screen appears asking whether to start a new session or return to the previous session. I have downloaded the new version, so I would doubt some conflict between old and new. I do note, however, that on my daughter's mac there is the large "3" on the FireFox opening page whereas on mine, also a mac, the older format remains. Has anyone else also been having crashes?

I got so frustrated w/ FF on Linux, I stopped using it. Was having similar problems as you describe, constant browser lock ups, browser would stop responding, etc. I ended up switching to Seamonkey, and it has been perfect.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org

IGF

Dandapani
09-18-2008, 06:14
FF (2 and 3) on linux has for a long long time crashed (hung) whenever it executes an external program on a downloaded file such as evince on a PDF or openoffice on a DOC file.

And flash has all kinds of problems. It used to take FF down, but I found a plugin that allows the brower to stay up and only crash the flash "box" on the page.

I'm waiting for Chrome on Linux and will jump over to a new browser then.

IndyGunFreak
09-18-2008, 07:29
FF (2 and 3) on linux has for a long long time crashed (hung) whenever it executes an external program on a downloaded file such as evince on a PDF or openoffice on a DOC file.

And flash has all kinds of problems. It used to take FF down, but I found a plugin that allows the brower to stay up and only crash the flash "box" on the page.

I'm waiting for Chrome on Linux and will jump over to a new browser then.

Flash was one of the few things I seemed to have no problems out of. It didn't seem related to accessing external programs, it just would constantly stop responding, etc.

Hopefully 3.5 will be better. FWIW, I had no probs at all out of FF2.

IGF