A friend of mine moved to Denver... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine moved to Denver...

Oldskoolfan
09-19-2008, 12:18
And he is looking to get some pistol training in. Can you recommend some trainers in the local area? He is looking at training and purchasing himself a pistol.

Any advice would be appreciated.

uncbear4
09-30-2008, 15:40
As far as purchasing a pistol, I'd recommend he head about an hour north to Loveland and check out Jensen's Arms. They have pretty much anything and everything he, or any gun enthusiast for that matter, could ever want. Best prices I have seen in CO. They also have a large staff, many of them with different certifications in firearms training.

Hope this helps,
Bear

Foolds
10-06-2008, 08:56
for training have him check out http://www.tacticalskillsinstitute.com/. Jim Torez is a great trainer, has a very broad spectrum of classes.

+1 for Jensen arms. If hes looking for a used gun have him check out Neves Uniform Supply, they tend to get a lot of police trade ins at good prices.

forthehalibut
10-06-2008, 17:44
I am sorry your friend moved to the People's Republik of Denver--I can hardly wait to get out.

+1 on the above posts. Jensen's is a good place. Prairie Arms down on Parker Road used to be really good as well.

However, I did want to warn your to warn your friend NOT to see RIch Wyatt at Gunsmoke--he is (in my opinion) a grade-A con-man, who is so full of himself, it ain't funny. Somehow, our NRA instructor certification tests we paid him for and took never got to NRA for certification--all 19 of them! There are other things as well. Just wanted to put this in fer ya.

shrewd
10-08-2008, 23:25
And he is looking to get some pistol training in. Can you recommend some trainers in the local area? He is looking at training and purchasing himself a pistol.

Any advice would be appreciated.

For the CCW class he might want to look at http://www.profire.us/ great folks. +1 on Jensen Arms for good prices and great staff.