Question about cost of CHL renewal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about cost of CHL renewal

Idontplaynice
09-19-2008, 21:17
I had a CHL 3 years ago before I moved away to Nevada and Arizona. Since then, I recently returned to Austin, TX and would like to renew my TX CHL, which expired in 2007. Since I am still under the one-year period, I only have to pay $70 for the renewal course vs the $150 for the full course most instructors charge. However, in addition to the $70 for the renewal course, do I still have to pay another $70 to the state of TX for the renewal license?

txinvestigator
09-20-2008, 09:39
I had a CHL 3 years ago before I moved away to Nevada and Arizona. Since then, I recently returned to Austin, TX and would like to renew my TX CHL, which expired in 2007. Since I am still under the one-year period, I only have to pay $70 for the renewal course vs the $150 for the full course most instructors charge. However, in addition to the $70 for the renewal course, do I still have to pay another $70 to the state of TX for the renewal license?

Yes, unless you meet one of the exemptions for a lower or waived fee.

Starvin
09-30-2008, 19:00
The exemptions being:
A. Active duty- The state waives the fee.
B. Veteran- The state reduces the fee by 50%. If you have discharged within the last 365 days the fee will be waived.