Deputy who was shot is doing well, considering.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Deputy who was shot is doing well, considering....

cowboywannabe
09-23-2008, 05:19
i know and have worked with Shannon Rollins, the Chambers County Deputy who was shot sunday night.
he is doing well considering he was gut shot.

the suspect unfortunately is going well also and will live.

word of comment, a .223/5.56mm and 00 buck aint schiet against a dodge durango.

cant get in to more detail because the A.B.I. investigation is still ongoing.

mossy500camo
09-23-2008, 11:57
i know and have worked with Shannon Rollins, the Chambers County Deputy who was shot sunday night.
he is doing well considering he was gut shot.

the suspect unfortunately is going well also and will live.

word of comment, a .223/5.56mm and 00 buck aint schiet against a dodge durango.

cant get in to more detail because the A.B.I. investigation is still ongoing.

Hey Cowboy! Wow! You guys know how to put on a show. :wow: That was less than 1 mile maybe 2 from my house. I heard the sirens and turned on my scanner but all was quite. Im glad noone else was hurt or killed. DAMN! In HUGULEY.......!:wow::faint:

cowboywannabe
09-23-2008, 12:00
had you been listening at about 15 after midnight you would have heard "the show" for about 30 seconds.

and the schiet-bag bad guy went to Springwood years ago...just goes to show that even a top notch private school cant change a schiet-bag into a descent human being.

mossy500camo
09-23-2008, 12:06
had you been listening at about 15 after midnight you would have heard "the show" for about 30 seconds.

and the schiet-bag bad guy went to Springwood years ago...just goes to show that even a top notch private school cant change a schiet-bag into a descent human being.

I was listening. But I had two radios going trying to hear the action. lol! Yeah! I know what you mean. Im glad you guys are safe.

elrod
09-24-2008, 16:40
You guys 'sho play ruff up in them woods.

FM12
09-25-2008, 06:21
Is there a link to the incident? First I've heard of it...

cowboywannabe
09-25-2008, 06:43
i imagine you could google it and get some local news paper or station reports....i havent kept up with the media version of what happened because i was there.

mossy500camo
09-25-2008, 11:39
Is there a link to the incident? First I've heard of it...

oanow.com
thevalleytimesnews.com
wtvm.com
wrbl.com
the columbus ledger enqiuer

Chambers County deputy shot, in stable condition
Photo

Staff Report
Published: September 21, 2008

A Chambers County sheriff’s deputy is in stable condition after being shot responding to a domestic disturbance call Sunday night, according to a sheriff’s department release.

At approximately 9:30 p.m., the Chambers County Sheriff’s Department received a call in reference to a subject threatening a family member with a gun on County Road 180, according to the release.

When deputies arrived at County Road 180, they were then told that the person with the gun was going to 23rd Street in Lanett, according to the release. When the deputies arrived at 23rd Street, gunshots were fired by the suspect, the release states.One of the deputies was shot, according to the release.

Chambers County sheriff’s deputies and area law enforcement officers located the suspect again in a nearby barn, the release states. The suspect fired at officers before taking a Chambers County Sheriff’s Department vehicle and driving it toward officers, according to the release.

After officers fired at the patrol car, the suspect exited the vehicle and was taken into custody, the release states. The suspect was later transported to Lanier Hospital, according to the release.

The deputy was transported to Lanier Hospital, the release states. The deputy was reported to be in “stable condition” Monday morning, according to Chambers County Sheriff’s Department Chief Clerk Gyda Simms.

The gender and name of the deputy, and that of the suspect have not been released.

There were 86 personnel from various law enforcement agencies that responded to the incident, according to the release. The Alabama Bureau of Investigations in investigating the incident.

Three other officers were also treated for less severe injuries, according to the release.

mossy500camo
09-25-2008, 11:43
Damn! And they are both in the same local hospital, same ICU.

ps Get hit in the head with a rock. You get flown by heliocopter to Columbus GA trauma center. Get shot multiple times and go to the local hospital that is WORTHLESS IMHO. They cant treat a cold properly there. PRAYERS for the S.O.

mossy500camo
09-25-2008, 11:45
You and 199 more LEOs, Fire, Rescue, Swat etc... Wow!:wow:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU91h_ixdvs

or just gor to youtube.com and type in Huguley Al to see the video.

It was in the Valley Times News. So I guess thats its ok to post. Trigger happy Id say...... It amazes me that no one else got hurt or killed by FRIENDLY FIRE. DAMN!

Keith5579
09-27-2008, 12:36
Cowboy, check your PMs.

cowboywannabe
09-28-2008, 06:43
no friendly fire injuries, three officers got twisted ankles or bumped thier head in all the commotion.....

trigger happy is hardly the occasion or he'd have never gotten as far as he did or it wouldnt have lasted as long as it did.....

as i said before, 00 buck is next to workless against a moving SUV coming AT YOU, and .223 didnt do much either when the shots got thier angle deflected after striking the vehicle....also he was ducking down as he was driving so all that windshield damage was only to the windshield.....

mossy500camo
09-28-2008, 12:26
Yes I understand. I guess that I should have said *Ricochets* or *miss*l ike the ones that entered a friend of mine house. But they say that they will be compensated on damages.

Ricochets and Friendly fire are two different animals.

revel8
09-28-2008, 12:32
you guys dont wear vests ?

cowboywannabe
09-28-2008, 14:29
most of us do....

FM12
09-28-2008, 21:36
Thanks for the update, links and info.