Appleseed in Virginia [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed in Virginia

VAshooter
09-23-2008, 14:41
There will be a two day Appleseed Rifle Clinic at Black Creek Shooters Association Range near Mechanicsville, VA the 22nd and 23rd of November. We had more than forty shooters at the May clinic and I would like to better that in November.

More information can be found on the Appleseed website or email VAshooter at douglas@assemblyanddesign.com

If a group from GlockTalk is attending we can squad you together on the line, or not, as you desire.

d3athp3nguin
10-07-2008, 08:20
I've been looking at becoming a Black Creek member after my first rifle purchase. Do you need to be a member at Black Creek to participate?

Garanddad
11-01-2008, 15:31
Email sent

VAshooter
11-04-2008, 14:29
No. You do not need to be a member of Black Creek to attend the Appleseed.

There is ample area for camping but there is no dumping. Limited electrical hookup for campers.

You can come in on Friday and set up. I expect that they will charge a guest fee if you want to shoot on any of the ranges on Friday before the Appleseed.

Olivers_AR
11-04-2008, 23:35
Just signed up for the this event!

Ordered 5 mags.

Time to focus on what you believe in :supergrin:

Olivers_AR
11-18-2008, 14:49
Appleseed this weekend - what are you doing, sitting on the couch? If not this class go get your CHP or take another class.

VAshooter
11-24-2008, 12:47
We had 53 shooters at the November Black creek Appleseed. It was chilly on Saturday but warmed up a little on Sunday. Everyone I talked to seemed to have a good time. Ten people qualified for the "Rifleman" patch.

If you couldn't make it I hope to see you in May when we will have the next full Appleseed at Black Creek.

VAshooter

Tweek's Turbos
11-24-2008, 14:20
I wasn't "sitting on the couch":wavey: I took somebody out to the NRA range for the first time and had some fun. I was figuring it would be an easy day since the show was going on, but to my surprise it was packed with many new gun owners going out with friends to shoot for the first time.:cool:

Sunday I went to the show and laughed at the prices.:faint:

Garanddad
11-24-2008, 18:17
Many thanks to VAshooter and all the other instructors for giving their time to conduct this event. Finer folks you could never hope to meet. The quality and level of instruction was superb. Kids, ladies, and gentlemen (young and older), all were mesmerized by the history lesson on Sunday.
You can not get any better instruction in the safe and accurate use of the rifle than at an Appleseed. Especially for the price. I hope to return in May either to shoot or assist.
I urge EVERYONE who owns a rifle to attend an event. Especially if you THINK you are a good shot. It is a humbling experience.
Thanks to you all. I had a great weekend and learned a lot.

Steve