Glipsc 9-25-08 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glipsc 9-25-08

TreehugginGlock
09-25-2008, 19:15
Well, we finally were able to get a few of us together to have our Thursday night shoot. Believe it or not, Darth Lead Boy actually showed up and shot with us. (Glad to have you back John.)

Shoot tonight was a major test of strong hand only shooting. 5 targets staggered across the bay. You are the armed transport for a diamond company. Your diamonds are being kept in a block of ice in the cooler you carry in your weak hand. At the sound of the beep, you bend down and pick up your cooler, run to the shooting box, draw your weapon and engage each target with 2 rounds each strong hand only while still holding the cooler. Mandator mag change (you may put down the cooler at this point, but you must pick it back up before you start shooting), then 2 more rounds each strong hand only. I can tell I really need some work on that strong hand only stuff.

Eric B 4.106 - congrats! (He's been practicing!) :cheerleader:
John W 3.703 (aka Darth Lead Boy)
Dean F 3.697
Leigh Ann J. 1.663 :yuck:

Well, this was our last $5 night. Next week will be back to normal with the $10 match fee. Hope to see you folks more this Fall. We've missed you. When there are more shooters, it's much more fun.

45gunner
09-25-2008, 19:23
Well, we finally were able to get a few of us together to have our Thursday night shoot. Believe it or not, Darth Lead Boy actually showed up and shot with us. (Glad to have you back John.)

Shoot tonight was a major test of strong hand only shooting. 5 targets staggered across the bay. You are the armed transport for a diamond company. Your diamonds are being kept in a block of ice in the cooler you carry in your weak hand. At the sound of the beep, you bend down and pick up your cooler, run to the shooting box, draw your weapon and engage each target with 2 rounds each strong hand only while still holding the cooler. Mandator mag change (you may put down the cooler at this point, but you must pick it back up before you start shooting), then 2 more rounds each strong hand only. I can tell I really need some work on that strong hand only stuff.

Eric B 4.106 - congrats! (He's been practicing!) :cheerleader:
John W 3.703 (aka Darth Lead Boy)
Dean F 3.697
Leigh Ann J. 1.663 :yuck:

Well, this was our last $5 night. Next week will be back to normal with the $10 match fee. Hope to see you folks more this Fall. We've missed you. When there are more shooters, it's much more fun.

Good shoot Eric! :embarassed:
Maybe thats why I didn't win. I forgot my Mandator mag change.

TreehugginGlock
09-25-2008, 19:47
Good shoot Eric! :embarassed:
Maybe thats why I didn't win. I forgot my Mandator mag change.

:rofl:oops. mandatory....I'm tired....I even forgot to pay the folks at BIR before I left, so I have to go back down there tomorrow.....ugh!

45gunner
09-25-2008, 20:21
:rofl:oops. mandatory....I'm tired....I even forgot to pay the folks at BIR before I left, so I have to go back down there tomorrow.....ugh!

Just giving you a little friendly grief.
Thanks for putting on the match.:cool:

45gunner
09-25-2008, 20:26
It was good to hear that BIR got a satisfactory rating from OSHA.

People, myself included, just have to be aware that spending too much time where all the smoke in is not a good thing and let other people help out equally.

ciwsguy
09-26-2008, 15:25
It was good to hear that BIR got a satisfactory rating from OSHA.

People, myself included, just have to be aware that spending too much time where all the smoke in is not a good thing and let other people help out equally.

Didn't know BIR was having their facility inspected. So does this mean that BIR has similar ventilation to OpenRange that would prevent gunsmoke headaches?

Recently heard about an outdoor range near or in Eminence (Henry County). Has anyone heard of the Eminence outdoor range or have any experience with it? Opinions?

45gunner
09-26-2008, 18:39
Didn't know BIR was having their facility inspected. So does this mean that BIR has similar ventilation to OpenRange that would prevent gunsmoke headaches?

Recently heard about an outdoor range near or in Eminence (Henry County). Has anyone heard of the Eminence outdoor range or have any experience with it? Opinions?

Can't answer that but does having a ventilation system similar to OpenRange mean that they met OSHA requirements and that no one ever has a headache while at Open range?

Open range is definetly a nice place to shoot at.