Looking for National Forest or BLM land to shoot on. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for National Forest or BLM land to shoot on.

kplender
09-26-2008, 14:41
I live in Lakewood and my dad and brother and a couple of my buddies want to go do some pistol/rifle shooting. I prefer shooting in National Forest/BLM land rather than at a range where I have to pay. I have shot up on Ute pass just north of Silverthorne, but that was a few years ago, and I don't feel like driving a little more than an hour for a couple hours of shooting. There used to be a place up above Boulder, but they shut it down because too many yahoos were being dangerous and littering the place real bad. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good area along the front range (up above Boulder, Denver area) for shooting on National Forest land. I would also be open to any areas out East as well (there may be some BLM land, etc. that you can shoot on?). Thanks in advance!!

nathanours
03-25-2009, 17:05
you can try Guanella Pass, Goldengate Canyon, or Left Hand Canyon

Those are the only places i know of that are good free shooting spots on national forest land

BabyTaz
03-25-2009, 20:38
I think Left Hand is the one they shut down. There is another one up South St Vrain (I think) that is still open. Hubby drives, so if you are interested, I can have him send you directions.