Spinach-Artichoke Dip [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spinach-Artichoke Dip

SouthernGal
09-30-2008, 09:14
I made this one last week to "test" it and make sure it was yummy before I fed it to someone else. Two thumbs up!

Ingredients:
1 (6.25 oz) Jar Marinated Artichokes (drained)
1 (10 oz.) Package Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed and drained very well)
1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/3 C. Freshly Grated Romano Cheese
1/4 C. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 C. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 C. Cream or Half and Half
1/2 C. Sour Cream

Directions:
In food processor blend artichokes, Romano cheese, garlic and parmesan cheese for about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. Artichokes and cheeses should be minced, but should not be pasty.

In a mixing bowl add drained spinach, cream, sour cream, mozzarella, stir well. Spoon into mixing bowl mixture from food processor. Blend all ingredients. Mixture should have a medium thick consistency. Spray an oven proof shallow serving dish. Pour artichoke mixture into baking dish and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Artichoke dip should be a little bubbly and cheese melted through. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite heated tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa and enjoy.

Glockerel
09-30-2008, 09:18
I made this one last week to "test" it and make sure it was yummy before I fed it to someone else. Two thumbs up!

Ingredients:
1 (6.25 oz) Jar Marinated Artichokes (drained)
1 (10 oz.) Package Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed and drained very well)
1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/3 C. Freshly Grated Romano Cheese
1/4 C. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 C. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 C. Cream or Half and Half
1/2 C. Sour Cream

Directions:
In food processor blend artichokes, Romano cheese, garlic and parmesan cheese for about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. Artichokes and cheeses should be minced, but should not be pasty.

In a mixing bowl add drained spinach, cream, sour cream, mozzarella, stir well. Spoon into mixing bowl mixture from food processor. Blend all ingredients. Mixture should have a medium thick consistency. Spray an oven proof shallow serving dish. Pour artichoke mixture into baking dish and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Artichoke dip should be a little bubbly and cheese melted through. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite heated tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa and enjoy.

I love that stuff. One time I thinned it out a bit and used it as a veggie lasagna sauce. Amazing!

Norman
09-30-2008, 09:29
<--- drooling

SouthernGal
09-30-2008, 09:30
I love that stuff. One time I thinned it out a bit and used it as a veggie lasagna sauce. Amazing!

This stuff was so good I ended up giving half of it away rather than risk eating it all myself.

Now I'm wishing like hell that Sam's would bring back selling the huge jars of artichoke hearts. They used to carry them, but now they don't.