LES question... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LES question...

deadday
10-01-2008, 07:23
I have two new lines pop up on my LES, and have no IDEA what they are...I believe one of them (the HFP) is the new name for CIP, but WTF is HDP Location and IDP? Any help is appreciated..

HDP Location
HFP/IDP- got this one figured out, it is the money I was supposed to be paid while overseas but never was...Hostile Fire Pay/Imminent Danger Pay...

drew

CPT_CRUNCH
10-01-2008, 09:54
so you good now???

deadday
10-01-2008, 10:40
so you good now???

Still not sure what the HDP is...All I can find online is Hazardous Duty Pay, but I don't know why that is there...Unless it is something else..Any ideas what else HDP is? Possibly the new designation for CIP?

drew

CPT_CRUNCH
10-01-2008, 15:47
HDP-Location is "hardship duty pay-location". means the military sent you somewhere REALLY crappy so they pay you more.

deadday
10-01-2008, 20:05
HDP-Location is "hardship duty pay-location". means the military sent you somewhere REALLY crappy so they pay you more.

Haha...well, I don't like Fort Sam, but it's not the worst place I've been :whistling: Wonder why they started tacking that on to my pay...:dunno: Guess I'll have to wait and talk to the finance gurus..

drew

slyjackalope
10-02-2008, 17:16
Haha...well, I don't like Fort Sam, but it's not the worst place I've been :whistling: Wonder why they started tacking that on to my pay...:dunno: Guess I'll have to wait and talk to the finance gurus..

drew

Back in March, one of the Defense undersecretaries used discretionary authority to pay WTU Soldiers what they were making when they got transferred out of a combat zone, into the WTU. The authorization will expire next March if I remember correctly (but probably will be renewed then) and lasts until you transfer out of the WTU or are retired. The last time I checked for one of my clients, the extra pay is not retroactive back to when you were transferred to the WTU.

deadday
10-03-2008, 07:08
Back in March, one of the Defense undersecretaries used discretionary authority to pay WTU Soldiers what they were making when they got transferred out of a combat zone, into the WTU. The authorization will expire next March if I remember correctly (but probably will be renewed then) and lasts until you transfer out of the WTU or are retired. The last time I checked for one of my clients, the extra pay is not retroactive back to when you were transferred to the WTU.

I had heard about that, but thought it only applied to the CIP?

drew

slyjackalope
10-03-2008, 17:08
I had heard about that, but thought it only applied to the CIP?

drew

If I can find my copy of the memo I got from DFAS under the huge pile of work I haven't finished yet, I'll post it online for you.

deadday
10-03-2008, 18:17
If I can find my copy of the memo I got from DFAS under the huge pile of work I haven't finished yet, I'll post it online for you.

I'd appreciate it!

drew