Lenovo netbook on CircuitCity.com website [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo netbook on CircuitCity.com website

The Pontificator
10-04-2008, 09:23
$449, I believe. It's currently "available soon".

One spec I was hoping to see...but have not...is Bluetooth. However, it does have an expansion card slot. Does that mean a Bluetooth card can be added?

podwich
10-04-2008, 11:44
You can add Bluetooth via USB. That shouldn't be a problem.

The downside is that this is the IdeaPad. It's nowhere near the quality of a ThinkPad.

The Pontificator
10-04-2008, 17:50
You can add Bluetooth via USB. That shouldn't be a problem.

at one time I saw an ad for a tiny little bluetooth adapter but i cannot remember where I saw it. I'll have to search. when i say 'tiny' i mean TINY.

noway
10-05-2008, 00:52
Also power consumption ( battey life ) is going to be horrible in this model.

IndyGunFreak
10-05-2008, 05:41
Also power consumption ( battey life ) is going to be horrible in this model.

How do you know, and why is it horrible? I get 3, 3.5hrs tops out of my Asus, which is a bit on the low side I think... The new ones come with some new battery that apparently gets like 6hrs.

Car adapters are cheap..:)

IGF

noway
10-05-2008, 12:01
How do you know, and why is it horrible? I get 3, 3.5hrs tops out of my Asus, which is a bit on the low side I think... The new ones come with some new battery that apparently gets like 6hrs.

Car adapters are cheap..:)

IGF

Because I have a t60 & 61 and both are more better than the $499.00 model that CC is planning on selling that only come with a 3cell battery vrs the thinkpad are 6cells iirc.

The Pontificator
10-05-2008, 12:15
my aspire one has a 3-cell battery that lasts about 2.5 hours. not great, but I can recharge it to full capacity....computer on and running...in just over an hour.

AC power invertors for your car, bike, boat, etc. are cheap. Though not always possible, when using a wifi spot I try to scope out a spot with an electric outlet. (like I am now). Few problems.

noway
10-05-2008, 12:33
my aspire one has a 3-cell battery that lasts about 2.5 hours. not great, but I can recharge it to full capacity....computer on and running...in just over an hour.

AC power invertors for your car, bike, boat, etc. are cheap. Though not always possible, when using a wifi spot I try to scope out a spot with an electric outlet. (like I am now). Few problems.

In the atlanta airport, I nearly gotten into a fight over an AC outlet access. I had a lady needing to charge phone and notebook and she figure I'll just unplug this gentlemen macbook.

Yeah right....

Now adays I try to carry a spare battery when traveling.

For the idealpad that 2-3hours ( if your lucky ) is not very great for a road warrior and then when you compare it's performance to that tiny screen :tongueout:

My 2 mac get anywhere between a honest 4-5hours when not connected to a AC umbilical cord and my T61 can see maybe 4 hours before the battery is 100% depleted.

just food for thought, but for how much that notebook cost and for pennies more you could get a better notebook with a bigger screen, faster, bluetooth, ieee1394 and better battery specifications.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/landing_pages/sales/ecoupon?cid=us|semd|ggl|us_brand_general_ec_en|t12E1|s&&s_kwcid=lenovo|2466382771

DragonRider
10-05-2008, 13:07
I carry one of these now in my bag.
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=400738 3 Outlets, 2 USB power, and a surge protector.

Before that I carried one of these.
http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=222531&section=11769 Plain Jane 3 outlets. Real handy in hotel rooms with only 1 outlet free.

John

The Pontificator
10-13-2008, 03:10
Circuit City has since dropped the Lenovo netbook from their website presumably because the model shown in the featured color (black) won't be ready this year.

Instead, CC had reinstated the 1st gen. Aspire One (linux) with an additional $30 savings bottom price is $299.