Microsoft Word Help--Numbering Pages Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Word Help--Numbering Pages Question

AAshooter
10-06-2008, 08:19
I have a document laid out on landscape 8.5" X 11" paper. Each MS Word page has two 5.5"X8.5" document pages on it--one on the left and one on the right. After printing, I cut the pages in half and make a 5.5"X8.5" spiral bound booklet.

Here is the question. How do I get MS word to automatically number each of the document pages? Clearly it is easy to number each MS Word page but I want to number each of the two document pages on each MS Word page.

Any suggestions appreciated! You could be my new best friend because I can't figure it out.

Sgt. Schultz
10-06-2008, 15:46
The easiest way is to create a new blank document, go to the File menu and click Page Setup, and then click the Margins tab. Find the Multiple pages list, select Book fold, make sure the page is set to landscape orientation and select your desired margins. Then Insert Page Number and select the one you want, finally copy and paste your document into this one.

This is for Office 2007, may be a little different in other versions.

AAshooter
10-06-2008, 16:12
I am currently using Office 97 but have Word 2007 on my laptop. Let me take a look at that. Thanks.

AAshooter
10-07-2008, 11:26
Sgt. Schultz--You rock! Thank you for the suggestion and your time to respond. As a technology laggard, it is always out of need when I move to a new application. Your suggestion was exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately when I took it in to print it the printer only had Word 2003. It made me wonder if this was going to work. I was wondering how I was going to get it printed so it paginated correctly. I was in awe as it sorted the document so it was on appropriate printed pages. Exactly the feature I needed.

Thank you.

:bowdown::bowdown::yourock::bowdown::bowdown::