Women only: why do you hate Palin? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Women only: why do you hate Palin?

glockbk
10-08-2008, 10:40
First of all, I'm just asking this out of curiosity. I don't expect a rational answer but then, can we put anger and crap aside and just talk? Why do so many women hate Sarah Palin? It makes no sense. I saw a picture of some protestors at a convention and their signs made no sense: it said She winks She blinks She stinks. What's THAT supposed to mean? Could apply that to Hillary Clinton and see the women pouring into the streets screaming murder:upeyes: (and what has SHE done for us?)
Is it Palin's pro gun platform?
Is it her past as governor of Alaska?
Is it her lack of experience? (Hey, doesn't that apply to Obama too like some news reports keep saying?)
If none of the above, please put a reason.

I've been to several women's websites out of curiosity and it's just pure nonsense. They don't give a valid reason on their message boards. They all just say the same thing over and over: "she's a bad person." or "I can't stand her." Well, why? Interesting that they wouldn't give a valid reason! I read through the pages for almost an hour and none of these women made any sense.

BTW, just my two cents, McCain can't win the election because he picked her. I think he should have run a test election to see if public support would be high or low. He blew it already and it hasn't even started. Get ready to lose your guns. (ANYONE who believes Obama's lies about not touching our guns needs to drink a LOT of coffee and read about the history of the Left's anti-gun programs!). McCain should have learned from Dubya's father, don't pick a running mate everyone doesn't feel comfortable with. (Remember Quayle?)

glockbk
10-08-2008, 10:44
One last thing, I don't buy the excuse of "Her daughter had a child out of wedlock." That kept coming up on the message boards so many times that I don't believe it's a genuine excuse either. In other words, I think they're just saying that to come up with some reason to hate her. Doesn't having a child out of wedlock also apply to thousands of poor, single women in broken neighborhoods all across America? Most of whom support the Democrats anyway. But then, that would be telling the truth wouldn't it?:supergrin:

revel8
10-08-2008, 15:49
simple jealousy, maybe ?

cassandra
10-08-2008, 20:29
Someone on this site hates Palin?

I don't hate Palin and I don't know anyone who does.

Shondratasha
10-08-2008, 21:57
For what it's worth - I learned long ago that many liberals think that they have the monopoly on women's rights. Since all women have to be liberals, any woman who is not a liberal must be one of two things - stupid or evil - Thus the vilification of Palin.

The other factor in play may be the same thing that happens in business. Women do not mentor each other like men do. They tend more to backstabbing and just plain *****iness. What woman actually likes supermodels - they rip on them while trying to emulate them. Palin has everything - looks, power, money (not as much as the other 3 candidates but still...), thus women can't be happy for her, they have to find some way to rip her down to show that she's not the top bunny in the pile.

Personally, I would love to share the range with her.

impulse
10-08-2008, 23:29
*cough* She's a moron? *cough*

Mrs. Tink
10-09-2008, 10:15
She doesn't apologize for her beliefs, engage in self-flagellating altruism, or kiss up to liberal media and liberal causes.

To the OP: I don't think this is a women's forum that hates Palin. Most of us here like her. We can only offer theories as to why other women don't like her. If impulse's post is any indication, people who don't like her can't offer good reasons either.

impulse
10-09-2008, 10:52
She doesn't apologize for her beliefs, engage in self-flagellating altruism, or kiss up to liberal media and liberal causes.

To the OP: I don't think this is a women's forum that hates Palin. Most of us here like her. We can only offer theories as to why other women don't like her. If impulse's post is any indication, people who don't like her can't offer good reasons either.

She is somebody I couldn't see, being commander in chief; if McCain dies. She talks like a 13 year old girl, and a drunk person from Minnesota. " Mr. Joe six pack" hahaha or " What's the difference between hockey moms and pit bulls? Lipstick" Haha. Wow what in the hell was even the point of saying that. To get that .2% of hockey moms to vote for you?

Regardless if you like McCain or Obama, I think everyone can agree Biden is more suited for the position. Let's say its was McCain/Biden and Obama/Palin, every republican would be bashing palin, because she's a intellectual retard. Her voice alone makes me want to find a tall building and jump off. You might not think this is important, but...... if they do get elected SHE'S THE VP OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Every country will laugh at that joke.

McCain shot himself in the foot for choosing this short bus VP. I don't know about you guys but I'm pissed, so good buy to our chance for McCain!

windplex
10-09-2008, 11:14
Nobody’s dummy
Liberals underestimate Sarah Palin’s vitality and — yes — smarts at their own peril. Plus: Obama’s presidential air, Biden’s condescending mugging, feminism’s lost sisters.

By Camille Paglia

As I see it, the Palin Effect is a double-headed hydra. On one side you have Todd Palin, who is clearly a vibrant, macho force in his family’s life. Just as clearly, he has effectively embraced the role as a primary caregiver. What does it say that he and Sarah have a mutually aggrandizing partnership/marriage? A successful professional woman who embraces a masculine male rather than castrate him? Heaven forfend! Personally I see it as the benign (and noble) conclusion of the feminist movement. I guess fish don’t need bicycles, but some of them want one. And they’d rather it come with some cojones.

Discussing the Sarah Palin effect is quickly becoming a national psychosis, to which I doubt I could add much. The only thing I haven’t seen discussed is a comparison between her popularity and what Rush Limbaugh hilariously and intuitively called Bill Clinton’s “Arousal Gap.” I think we’re seeing that Todd Palin isn’t the only man’s man out there who has a healthy appreciation for a strong member of the opposite sex. Here is another benign and admirable consequence of the feminist movement.

Steve Gurney
Niceville, Florida

Yes, both Todd and Sarah Palin, whom most people in the U.S. and abroad had never even heard of until six weeks ago, have emerged as powerful new symbols of a revived contemporary feminism. That the macho Todd, with his champion athleticism and working-class cred, can so amiably cradle babies and care for children is a huge step forward in American sexual symbolism.

Although nothing will sway my vote for Obama, I continue to enjoy Sarah Palin’s performance on the national stage. During her vice-presidential debate last week with Joe Biden (whose conspiratorial smiles with moderator Gwen Ifill were outrageous and condescending toward his opponent), I laughed heartily at Palin’s digs and slams and marveled at the way she slowly took over the entire event. I was sorry when it ended! But Biden wasn’t — judging by his Gore-like sighs and his slow sinking like a punctured blimp. Of course Biden won on points, but TV (a visual medium) never cares about that.

The mountain of rubbish poured out about Palin over the past month would rival Everest. What a disgrace for our jabbering army of liberal journalists and commentators, too many of whom behaved like snippy jackasses. The bourgeois conventionalism and rank snobbery of these alleged humanitarians stank up the place. As for Palin’s brutally edited interviews with Charlie Gibson and that viper, Katie Couric, don’t we all know that the best bits ended up on the cutting-room floor? Something has gone seriously wrong with Democratic ideology, which seems to have become a candied set of holier-than-thou bromides attached like tutti-frutti to a quivering green Jell-O mold of adolescent sentimentality.

And where is all that lurid sexual fantasy coming from? When I watch Sarah Palin, I don’t think sex — I think Amazon warrior! I admire her competitive spirit and her exuberant vitality, which borders on the supernormal. The question that keeps popping up for me is whether Palin, who was born in Idaho, could possibly be part Native American (as we know her husband is), which sometimes seems suggested by her strong facial contours. I have felt that same extraordinary energy and hyper-alertness billowing out from other women with Native American ancestry — including two overpowering celebrity icons with whom I have worked.

One of the most idiotic allegations batting around out there among urban media insiders is that Palin is “dumb.” Are they kidding? What level of stupidity is now par for the course in those musty circles? (The value of Ivy League degrees, like sub-prime mortgages, has certainly been plummeting. As a Yale Ph.D., I have a perfect right to my scorn.) People who can’t see how smart Palin is are trapped in their own narrow parochialism — the tedious, hackneyed forms of their upper-middle-class syntax and vocabulary.

As someone whose first seven years were spent among Italian-American immigrants (I never met an elderly person who spoke English until we moved from Endicott to rural Oxford, New York, when I was in first grade), I am very used to understanding meaning through what might seem to others to be outlandish or fractured variations on standard English. Furthermore, I have spent virtually my entire teaching career (nearly four decades) in arts colleges, where the expressiveness of highly talented students in dance, music and the visual arts takes a hundred different forms. Finally, as a lover of poetry (my last book was about that), I savor every kind of experimentation with standard English — beginning with Shakespeare, who was the greatest improviser of them all at a time when there were no grammar rules.

Many others listening to Sarah Palin at her debate went into conniptions about what they assailed as her incoherence or incompetence. But I was never in doubt about what she intended at any given moment. On the contrary, I was admiring not only her always shapely and syncopated syllables but the innate structures of her discourse — which did seem to fly by in fragments at times but are plainly ready to be filled with deeper policy knowledge, as she gains it (hopefully over the next eight years of the Obama presidencies). This is a tremendously talented politician whose moment has not yet come. That she holds views completely opposed to mine is irrelevant.

Even if she disappears from the scene forever after a McCain defeat, Palin will still have made an enormous and lasting contribution to feminism. As I said in my last column, Palin has made the biggest step forward in reshaping the persona of female authority since Madonna danced her dominatrix way through the shattered puritan barricades of the feminist establishment. In 1990, in a highly controversial New York Times op-ed that attacked old-guard feminist ideology, I declared that “Madonna is the future of feminism” — a prophecy that was ridiculed at the time but that turned out to be quite true. Madonna put pro-sex feminism on the international map.

But it is now 18 years later — the span of an entire generation. The instabilities and diminishments for young women raised in an increasingly shallow media environment have become all too obvious. I had grown up in a vibrant pop culture with glorious women stars of voluptuous sensuality — above all Elizabeth Taylor, sewn into that silky white slip as the vixen Manhattan call girl of “Butterfield 8.” In college, I feasted on foreign films starring sexual sophisticates like Jeanne Moreau, Anouk Aimée and Catherine Deneuve. Sex today, however, has become brittle and superficial. Except for the occasional diverting flash of Lindsay Lohan’s borrowed bosom, I see nothing whatever that is worth a second glance. Pro-sex feminism has worked itself out and, like all movements, has degenerated into clichés. And even Madonna, with her skeletal megalomania, looks like a refugee from a horror movie.

The next phase of feminism must circle back and reappropriate the ancient persona of the mother — without losing career ambition or power of assertion. Betty Friedan, who had first attacked the cult of postwar domesticity, had long warned second-wave feminists such as Gloria Steinem about the damaging exclusion of homemakers from their value system. The animus of liberal feminists toward religion must also end (I am speaking as an atheist). Feminism must reexamine all of its assumptions, including its death grip on abortion, if it wishes to survive.

The hysterical emotionalism and eruptions of amoral malice at the arrival of Sarah Palin exposed the weaknesses and limitations of current feminism. But I am convinced that Palin’s bracing mix of male and female voices, as well as her grounding in frontier grit and audacity, will prove to be a galvanizing influence on aspiring Democratic women politicians too, from the municipal level on up. Palin has shown a brand-new way of defining female ambition — without losing femininity, spontaneity or humor. She’s no pre-programmed wonk of the backstage Hillary Clinton school; she’s pugnacious and self-created, the product of no educational or political elite — which is why her outsider style has been so hard for media lemmings to comprehend. And by the way, I think Tina Fey’s witty impersonations of Palin have been fabulous. But while Fey has nailed Palin’s cadences and charm, she can’t capture the energy, which is a force of nature.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/10/08/palin/index1.html

Clyde in CO
10-09-2008, 12:26
She is somebody I couldn't see, being commander in chief; if McCain dies. She talks like a 13 year old girl, and a drunk person from Minnesota. " Mr. Joe six pack" hahaha or " What's the difference between hockey moms and pit bulls? Lipstick" Haha. Wow what in the hell was even the point of saying that. To get that .2% of hockey moms to vote for you?

Regardless if you like McCain or Obama, I think everyone can agree Biden is more suited for the position. Let's say its was McCain/Biden and Obama/Palin, every republican would be bashing palin, because she's a intellectual retard. Her voice alone makes me want to find a tall building and jump off. You might not think this is important, but...... if they do get elected SHE'S THE VP OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Every country will laugh at that joke.

McCain shot himself in the foot for choosing this short bus VP. I don't know about you guys but I'm pissed, so good buy to our chance for McCain!

lemme guess, she turned you down for junior prom.

windplex
10-09-2008, 17:55

because she's (palin an) intellectual retard. ...

McCain shot himself in the foot for choosing this short bus VP. ...

Not a chick.

Crux is the left are AFRAID of Palin. Many lefties follow the spin from the DNC even without understanding the motivations.

Were Palin a dem she would be brilliant example of liberalism and a feminist.

As a republican and G-d forbid a conservative she is like all republicans: Retarded; Stupid; ...

Impulse please list for us all the repbulicans whose intellect you admire -- the ones who did not ride on the short bus as you say. Thanks.

impulse
10-09-2008, 19:54
Not a chick.

Crux is the left are AFRAID of Palin. Many lefties follow the spin from the DNC even without understanding the motivations.

Were Palin a dem she would be brilliant example of liberalism and a feminist.

As a republican and G-d forbid a conservative she is like all republicans: Retarded; Stupid; ...

Impulse please list for us all the repbulicans whose intellect you admire -- the ones who did not ride on the short bus as you say. Thanks.

Umm, John Mccain? I'm for every stance he has, but one. Which is interrogations.

Cat91
10-10-2008, 19:00
I like her-plan to vote McCain-Palin....

Miao, Cat

windplex
10-10-2008, 19:17
Umm, John Mccain? I'm for every stance he has, but one. Which is interrogations.

Something to keep in mind is that Bush-quale WON the election. THe "intellegent" liberals who ran against the idiots lost.

I find it almost amusing that the left and mainstream media has portrayed Palin as unintelligent.

Funny how all accomplished female and minority conservatives are either idiots or no longer considered to be part of the minority race by liberals.

Palin speaks much like people in this state and the last one I lived in as well. It is pure snobbery to puther down for speaking as many Americans speak. After all we all cant be east coast elitists otherwise it would no longer be an elite group;)

LIberals fear facing Palin after 8 years as a semi incombent or in 4 years for the top of the ticket. This is why the left and media has spent so much capital trying everything under the sun to discredit and destroy her. To destroy the treat to their future seat of power.

Many who hate her and who dismiss her as an imbicile have no idea the true foundation of the campaign to destroy Sarah Palin once and for all. Most do not understand the shear terror of a true conservative, accomplished woman who has a nice family that actually loves one-another and G-d forbid she is married to a real man who is able to handle babies and kids. She is unabashedly positive and proud of her beliefs; never an apologetic tone. She loves this country. She speaks in a manner that reaches people and addresses topics they want to hear. She is a much larger threat to liberals than hillary is to conservatives. therefore...must destroy.

windplex
10-10-2008, 19:23
Palin has the potential to be the first woman-President of the USA. She will develop in the job and over the next 4 years if not elected.

I can see it and support it.

glockbk
10-10-2008, 19:28

Sorry if you misunderstood my post. I was trying to find some actual answers from critics of Sarah Palin. I was typing the post while half asleep so it was tough trying to think clearly!:faint:
I wanted some of her critics to explain why they don't like her and hope that some will take the time to explain rather than just bad-mouth her like someone who worships the thugs from the movie "Mean Girls.":rofl:

FL2NV
10-11-2008, 01:33
man here-but I was wondering the same thing. After the RNC, I was talking to my liberal (who claims to be a conservative) aunt. I asked her what she though tof Sarah. Her reply was, "I can't stand her". I ask why, and she replies with I just can't. No reason.

Another time I was talking with and debating issues with another female lib. The issue of abortion rights comes up. We go back and forth for a little bit, and she admits to being a feminist, that is why she is pro-choice. I say well as a feminist, why wouldn't you support a woman having the second highest office in the country? She replies because of her pro life stance, yada yada. So I reply with, "when feminism first started, it was to fight for equal rights for women. It was about women getting ahead. Now it has gone from equal rights to higher rights. To feminists of today, its not about higher achievment for women, but rather or not they have the right to kill. Where is my right to kill?"

When did this change? When did it go from women being equal to men, to women having more rights than a man? Or from achievment of women, to rather or not they can kill a baby?

Chicagobears128
10-11-2008, 22:28
I do not hate Palin, I do not really believe she is ready or experienced enough to be President, but I am still voting for McCain/Palin because I agree with their ideas/beliefs more than I do Obama/Biden.

I don't think we really get to see the real Palin, it is too bad she got thrown into the media too soon. She wasn't prepared for the way that true political media is. I respect her in that she does not apologize for her beliefs. I may not agree with all of what she thinks or says and neither may some of America, but good for her for not apologizing for things that require no apology.

I think some women hate her because she is pretty, which is dumb. She is a beautiful women still and looks great for her age, good for her.

windplex
10-11-2008, 22:38
I, too, wish more who dislike or disaprove of palin would speak up here.

From what i gather palin does not pass the litmus tests:
- pro-life = fail, leads to hate
- conservative = fail' leads to hate
- future conservative contender for POTUS = fail, leads to fear driven attack

I do admit I am not in their heads; but there does seem to be a pattern of reaction to female and minority conservatives.

Intellectual honesty from womens libbers would lead to pride in ANY woman who succeeds, palin included. NOW should be equally happy when a women attains the office of VP no matter her party affiliation, were equality and achievement the goal.

Mrs.Cicero
10-13-2008, 13:37
I like her. My mother THE FAMILY DEMOCRAT just voted for her by absentee ballot. I guess we have to go home for THanksgiving after all...

Mrs.C

Mrs. VR
10-13-2008, 14:30
I like her too. I just don't think you're going to find many to answer your question here.

sebecman
10-14-2008, 10:02
Sorry, Man here and breaking the rules but...

I heard it straight from 2 women I work with. Both said that women generally do not like Palin because she is too pretty and most women will not root for a woman who is better looking then they are.

Imagine, voting on a ticket based on looks and jealousy.

WIG19
10-14-2008, 12:56
Hearsay from women: Women I know, the real-live handful of women friends who will speak to me about it, admire her and certainly feel more comfortable having her as President Pro Tem of the Senate and VP than the other candidate. The other candidate (Biden) is by a long-shot even more deeply entrenched in the WashDC machine than McCain is - and O-Biden are the ticket running on change? Get real! [These are not my words, but thoughts of thinking women I know.]

[I wonder if the difference between the two views isn't largely one of self-comparison. Someone secure in their own skin is less likely to grouse about Sarah Palin when the mirror is held up because they already know who they are. Physical similarities aside, they are not Sarah Palin and she is not them. Frankly, Clinton the Male said it best when he said no one's ever really ready to be President. Each one will be tested, each one will be advised, each must hold their own counsel at some point. After that, see my sigline. I believe there might be alot of public O-B hoo-rah but some private in-the-booth changes of heart this year. I know a couple of staunch Hillary supporters who would never vote for an Obama ticket. I also personally think that if Sarah Palin looked like Janet Reno that the Demlibratic firing squads wouldn't be shooting at her so often. If one wants to break it down to non-political lines, people keep saying how wonderfully the world would view an America that would elect a black man President; no one wants to send the message that a woman could be President?]

:wavey: Yep, Mrs. VR, believe you're right. Glockbk might be better served to get over to one of the more liberal blogs for an answer.

:patriot:

PilotKitten
10-16-2008, 22:31
Considering the most venomous anti-Palin females I've heard refer to her as "Caribou Barbie" I'm definitely guessing it's a looks thing. Even my grandmother has said she's one dress suit away from a pole-dancing teacher's pet stripper routine.

If one wants to break it down to non-political lines, people keep saying how wonderfully the world would view an America that would elect a black man President; no one wants to send the message that a woman could be President?

Nice enough it had to be said twice.

calbobber
10-20-2008, 18:50
I don't think much of or about Mrs. Palin one way or the other. but my wife thinks she is bringing McCain's chances of winning down. "She doesn't seem to know very much," according to my wife, and "she says some outrageous things about herself and her opponents that obviously are stretchers."

That's it from the woman who keeps the books around here.

TechGal
10-20-2008, 21:59
I like her very much

FollowTheRoad
10-20-2008, 23:52
I do not hate Palin.

Scouse
10-22-2008, 01:36
First, I just found this site, but interesting it is.

Sara Palin is the Governor of Alaska! She is the only candidate with a real JOB!

Me personally? I can not vote yet, only a Permanent Resident, been in the US of A since 2003, LOVE it! But if I could, I would vote for McCain/Palin.

America as a job is a BIG State, Mrs. Palin could handle that job if she had to, I have been involved in assessing human beings all my life, I am still walking about because I have been more right than wrong, I like this Lady.

To elect a black man to the White House as some form of guilt appeasement is a crock! Black is just skin! My Wife is the most lovely person I have ever met, her skin is a real nice permanent tan! Born in British Guyana, of Indian descent, I love what is inside that skin, the color of it is irrelevant. My worry about Barack Obama is what is behind him, the Chicago money.

You have heard of Chicago? the place you can not defend yourself against a young criminal, or more than one, at age 73? No Glock 19 on your belt there.
And remember, I can not vote, but I can have an opinion.

I also carry a Glock 19 every day, that is freedom, American style!

kcb
10-26-2008, 17:53
I like her. So, I can't tell you why some women do not.

I've skimmed over some of the above posts.

For a woman to say that she doesn't like her and won't support her because she's prettier than she is, well...that's pretty lame.

I'd be ashamed to admit that to be my reason to not support another woman.

I think she is lovely, and I support her.

Scouse
10-26-2008, 18:45
I like her. So, I can't tell you why some women do not.

I've skimmed over some of the above posts.

For a woman to say that she doesn't like her and won't support her because she's prettier than she is, well...that's pretty lame.

I'd be ashamed to admit that to be my reason to not support another woman.

I think she is lovely, and I support her.

kcb

What a lovely Lady like post.

PilotKitten
10-27-2008, 06:34
I belong to another forum that is 99.9% female so I peeked my head into the politics forum to see what they were saying. I normally don't go in there because the site is OVERWHELMINGLY liberal/femi-nazi/Yay Al Gore! whatever and afterwards I feel like I have to take another shower to get rid of the "yick" factor I get from it.

Some reasons they've mentioned in discussions about why they hate Palin specifically:

* She hates women - apparently to make it *SO* far (ie - VP candidate) in a male-dominated world she must hate women as much as the men do. Palin also apparently believes women who seek abortion = terrorists. :upeyes:

* She hates the Constitution - yeah, no real idea where that one came from.

* She's labeled all Democrats and people living in urban areas as "UnAmerican" and "traitors". - Must've missed that news article. Would be pretty sure CNN would've picked that up.

* She tries too hard - Uhhh... what?

* She doesn't even know what the VP of the US does - Apparently when answering a question by a THIRD GRADER she "dumbed down" her response to say they're "in charge of the US Senate". This apparently points to her being a moron who hasn't read the US Constitution or her "job application".

* She puts her children in negative emotional settings to try and keep people from attacking her - I dunno where that comes from really. I guess she brought her kids to some speech and people were booing her on the stage. The posters on the board suggest she brought her kids along to try and stop that and how she's a horrible mother for using them as shields.

Other reasons they've stated for voting for Obama:

* They are socialists - Yes, they willingly admit this and point to all the socialist countries around the world that are doing "pretty damn well" to show how great it is.

* They think the nutjob that self-inflicted the "B" mark on her cheek as a plant from McCain - No seriously. She wasn't acting on her own... she was PLANTED to try and discredit Obama. Apparently one poster's uncle's daughter's business's customer (or whatever) works for the PD that investigated the "crime" and says the PD suspects the campaign set it up too. So because the police believe it (according to her) then it must be true.

* McCain won't release his medical records to the public - and why should he?? Didn't the Dems pass the HIPPA stuff? Why the hell should anyone be FORCED to release their personal medical records to millions of people????

* People who make $250,000+ a year should "STFU" about Obama's tax plan because they're better off than lots of people in this country - What? They already said they were socialists... this statement doesn't surprise me at all. Frightening though.

Gah... I can't read anymore, it makes my brain hurt to read all this nonsense and see how violent they are with the other comments. :shocked:

MB-G26
10-28-2008, 19:18
I don't expect a rational answer but then, can we put anger and crap aside and just talk? Why do so many women hate Sarah Palin?

Well, I've left this alone until now.

Item one: Not sure why the original poster would assume he would not expect "a rational answer" to the question. This is the Womens' Issues Forum, not a msg board populated by in-patient mental patients with Internet access.

Item two: Not sure why the original poster would feel the need to request that "we put anger and crap aside". This gives me the distinct impression that the original poster assumes for some reason that those who post in this forum are consumed with "anger and crap" that needs to be set aside in order for dialog on his topic to occur.

Item three: I neither "hate" nor "like" Sarah Palin. I neither "hate" nor "like" John McCain, Obama, or Joe Biden.

Item four: I, personally and simply, do not feel any degree of confidence in either parties' candidates. Yet, I will have to choose between them in order to vote, unless I become more comfortable by 'throwing my vote away' by voting for a non-Dem or non-Rep candidate.

windplex
10-28-2008, 22:10
I belong to another forum that is 99.9% female so I peeked my head into the politics forum to see what they were saying. I normally don't go in there because the site is OVERWHELMINGLY liberal/femi-nazi/Yay Al Gore! whatever and afterwards I feel like I have to take another shower to get rid of the "yick" factor I get from it.

Some reasons they've mentioned in discussions about why they hate Palin specifically:

* She hates women - apparently to make it *SO* far (ie - VP candidate) in a male-dominated world she must hate women as much as the men do. Palin also apparently believes women who seek abortion = terrorists. :upeyes:

* She hates the Constitution - yeah, no real idea where that one came from.

* She's labeled all Democrats and people living in urban areas as "UnAmerican" and "traitors". - Must've missed that news article. Would be pretty sure CNN would've picked that up.

* She tries too hard - Uhhh... what?

* She doesn't even know what the VP of the US does - Apparently when answering a question by a THIRD GRADER she "dumbed down" her response to say they're "in charge of the US Senate". This apparently points to her being a moron who hasn't read the US Constitution or her "job application".

* She puts her children in negative emotional settings to try and keep people from attacking her - I dunno where that comes from really. I guess she brought her kids to some speech and people were booing her on the stage. The posters on the board suggest she brought her kids along to try and stop that and how she's a horrible mother for using them as shields.

Other reasons they've stated for voting for Obama:

* They are socialists - Yes, they willingly admit this and point to all the socialist countries around the world that are doing "pretty damn well" to show how great it is.

* They think the nutjob that self-inflicted the "B" mark on her cheek as a plant from McCain - No seriously. She wasn't acting on her own... she was PLANTED to try and discredit Obama. Apparently one poster's uncle's daughter's business's customer (or whatever) works for the PD that investigated the "crime" and says the PD suspects the campaign set it up too. So because the police believe it (according to her) then it must be true.

* McCain won't release his medical records to the public - and why should he?? Didn't the Dems pass the HIPPA stuff? Why the hell should anyone be FORCED to release their personal medical records to millions of people????

* People who make $250,000+ a year should "STFU" about Obama's tax plan because they're better off than lots of people in this country - What? They already said they were socialists... this statement doesn't surprise me at all. Frightening though.

Gah... I can't read anymore, it makes my brain hurt to read all this nonsense and see how violent they are with the other comments. :shocked:

Wow that is frightening stuff from the other site you attend.

Can you pose a question: If Palin is a woman hater by virtue of her success how do they access Hillary's women hating or liking based on her candadacy for PRESIDENT? Some lapse of logic (or intellectual dishonesty) should follow;)

thanks for the peak inside that site

PilotKitten
10-29-2008, 18:00
Wow that is frightening stuff from the other site you attend.

Can you pose a question: If Palin is a woman hater by virtue of her success how do they access Hillary's women hating or liking based on her candadacy for PRESIDENT? Some lapse of logic (or intellectual dishonesty) should follow;)

thanks for the peak inside that site

I would but last time I even spoke my opinions on a matter I was labeled a troll and hit with a warning level. :upeyes: Their level of "open-mindedness" is about one step above the Democratic Underground.

windplex
10-30-2008, 23:16
I would but last time I even spoke my opinions on a matter I was labeled a troll and hit with a warning level. :upeyes: Their level of "open-mindedness" is about one step above the Democratic Underground.

Free speach is relative. Free so long as you agree with the dem party talking points. Otherwise shout it down or impose the fairness doctrine.

Getting a warning for expressing a differing view point is new to me but not terribly surprizing.

Their reaction says much about them and is not flattering.

windplex
10-30-2008, 23:18
BTW, just my two cents, McCain can't win the election because he picked her. I think he should have run a test election to see if public support would be high or low. He blew it already and it hasn't even started. Get ready to lose your guns. (ANYONE who believes Obama's lies about not touching our guns needs to drink a LOT of coffee and read about the history of the Left's anti-gun programs!). McCain should have learned from Dubya's father, don't pick a running mate everyone doesn't feel comfortable with. (Remember Quayle?)

its not over, 3% behind is not the end.

secondly, vp selection rarely makes much difference, palin energized the conservative base and for that alone worth the choice, imo.

Well, I've left this alone until now.

Item one: Not sure why the original poster would assume he would not expect "a rational answer" to the question. This is the Womens' Issues Forum, not a msg board populated by in-patient mental patients with Internet access.

Item two: Not sure why the original poster would feel the need to request that "we put anger and crap aside". This gives me the distinct impression that the original poster assumes for some reason that those who post in this forum are consumed with "anger and crap" that needs to be set aside in order for dialog on his topic to occur.

Item three: I neither "hate" nor "like" Sarah Palin. I neither "hate" nor "like" John McCain, Obama, or Joe Biden.

Item four: I, personally and simply, do not feel any degree of confidence in either parties' candidates. Yet, I will have to choose between them in order to vote, unless I become more comfortable by 'throwing my vote away' by voting for a non-Dem or non-Rep candidate.

in such an emotional race where dems protest palin speaches with signs rhat say "palin is a c--t" -- not to mention emotional and closed GT political threads i see no insult to women in asking for a discussion that puts the crap aside. i did not read it to pertain to women in particular.

rugercat78
10-31-2008, 14:49
For liberals, it all boils down to fear. She's a successful woman who has both a family and a job that she is darn good at. And, yes, she is one good-looking lady! Clearly, she has more experience than Obama in the Executive Branch and would be fine as Commander-in-Chief should she have to step in for McCain. That alone scares the Dems. Then, add the fact that she is a woman and a Republican. The Dems are supposed to be the ones fighting for minority rights and here comes Palin running to be the first female VP and eventually the first Pres. It scares them out of their minds. To be honest too, a woman who is an NRA member and likes to hunt? They are tearing their hair out trying to find a way to discredit her!!!

Personally, I don't care about gender; I care about values. Hers are in line with mine and so are McCain's. I will proudly cast my vote for them :cool:

PS-If the Dems want to be scared of something, think about Biden as VP. Now that is scary...

Picketeer
11-02-2008, 16:17
One last thing, I don't buy the excuse of "Her daughter had a child out of wedlock." That kept coming up on the message boards so many times that I don't believe it's a genuine excuse either. In other words, I think they're just saying that to come up with some reason to hate her. Doesn't having a child out of wedlock also apply to thousands of poor, single women in broken neighborhoods all across America? Most of whom support the Democrats anyway. But then, that would be telling the truth wouldn't it?:supergrin:

What about every actress known to man in Hollywood either pregnant or trying or already had a child out of wedlock and nobody is saying zip about them????????

South Fla
11-02-2008, 16:33
I wonder...?

But I'd bet a nickle that if Pain was a DemocRAT, they would love her.