Maximum registry size too small [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Maximum registry size too small

silentpoet
10-11-2008, 08:26
My desktop is running windows 2000, not sure which service pack or version and I am getting a message upon startup that my maximum registry size is too small and that I need to increase it.

Sgt. Schultz
10-11-2008, 08:37
I havenít seen W2K in a while, but I seem to recall that you could change the settings under the Virtual memory section, go to the Control Panel - System icon (?) - Performance tab - Virtual Memory.

grokdesigns
10-11-2008, 09:07
Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Options -> Change

Increase the maximum registry size and click Ok.

silentpoet
10-11-2008, 10:00
You guys do indeed rock.

DeadMansLife
10-12-2008, 09:21
When was the last time you cleaned some of the crap out of the registry?

http://www.ccleaner.com/

itisbruno
10-12-2008, 11:11
I havenít seen W2K in a while, but I seem to recall that you could change the settings under the Virtual memory section, go to the Control Panel - System icon (?) - Performance tab - Virtual Memory.

That changes the page file size, not the registry.

I lost our production web server at work due to this issue a few years ago. Run the cccleaner that was posted earlier and google registry compact (or compress, OI can't remember). I found a program that compresses the registry that resolved the issue.

If your registry hits the maximum size, yout machine will fail at next reboot.

I opened a support ticket with microsoft for $250, and their answer was rebuild, which was not an option.

Good luck!

Sgt. Schultz
10-12-2008, 12:04
That changes the page file size, not the registry.
Yes you are right BUT on W2K there is also an option to change the registry size as well.