is there anyone still out there? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : is there anyone still out there?

TreehugginGlock
10-13-2008, 14:02
With the crazy changes to the website and the difficulty finding our forum, I was just checking to see if there was anyone still out there and that local match results are still being posted.

Anyone still out there?:wavey:

cwshootersupply
10-13-2008, 14:56
Yes I am still here, just being busy with hunting season and my life. I will preveil sometime.

TreehugginGlock
10-13-2008, 15:55
Good to know I'm not the only one still watching for any interesting bits of wisdom being shared.

Will you be showing for GLIPSC this Thursday? I won't. I'm out of town again, but will be there the 23rd. Anyone else planning on showing? I hear it's been pretty light lately. Sure do hope it picks up. I really like shooting a variety of styles during the week.

45gunner
10-13-2008, 16:03
With the crazy changes to the website and the difficulty finding our forum, I was just checking to see if there was anyone still out there and that local match results are still being posted.

I'm here. I have been busy setting up the Machine Gun shoot Pistol match so Ive been out of touch. Most people can't find the forum.
I have sent people links.

Berretta9
10-14-2008, 07:01
I'm still here. I'll be there Thursday.

TreehugginGlock
10-14-2008, 07:43
I'm here. I have been busy setting up the Machine Gun shoot Pistol match so Ive been out of touch. Most people can't find the forum.
I have sent people links.Totally forgot about the machine gun shoot. Good luck with that. Always an interesting weekend of interesting folks and things that go bang.

:yuck:I agree with the difficulty finding the forum. I'm not impressed with the changes that have been made to the site. It is definately not very user friendly anymore. I have, however, found a semi-quick way to get to the forum. Go to Forum Jump, if you've scrolled your screen down far enough you might be able to see the WhereULive selection from the dropdown menu, if not, then just select Main Page, then you will see WhereULive. Once you make that selection, you will be in familiar territory and will find the Bluegrass Glockers. Major pain, if you ask me. I hate the first page when I log on, too. Has zero info I'm interested in and just makes me go through a lot more steps to get where I want to be. :puking:

cwshootersupply
10-14-2008, 15:45
Not a very good redo at all.

cpolk
10-14-2008, 16:57
Yeah, I'm still around. Just been too busy to breath, much less post : (. Hope everyone is well. For those that don't know, Lori and I got engaged and we are thinking May 30th of 2009.

TreehugginGlock
10-14-2008, 20:21
Yeah, I'm still around. Just been too busy to breath, much less post : (. Hope everyone is well. For those that don't know, Lori and I got engaged and we are thinking May 30th of 2009.Congratulations! :cheerleader:

You still be shooting or is the ball and chain going to keep you from coming out to play?

38 super comp
10-15-2008, 03:50
Congratulations! :cheerleader:

You still be shooting or is the ball and chain going to keep you from coming out to play?

Got Ya,,,,,,,,,,,:tongueout:

cpolk
10-15-2008, 06:33
She shoots better than I do : (.

Terminator2
10-15-2008, 07:32

Hey Leann, its Jonathan, it took me FOREVER to find this forum!!!...are you guys still shooting? I have some guys from work that wanna come shoot...
I got a broken rib but I need to get outta the house...

TreehugginGlock
10-15-2008, 09:17
Hey Leann, its Jonathan, it took me FOREVER to find this forum!!!...are you guys still shooting? I have some guys from work that wanna come shoot...
I got a broken rib but I need to get outta the house...Hi, there, darlin. Yes, we are still shooting on Thursday nights. I won't make it this week but will be there next week. I think Greg said he was going to be there at least. Dean might be there too, but he's had some things to deal with lately. Bring all your friends from work and the neighborhood. The more the merrier. :wavey:

Terminator2
10-15-2008, 10:32
Awww, dang ...well maybe next week then...

spikehunter
10-15-2008, 11:25
Totally forgot about the machine gun shoot. Good luck with that. Always an interesting weekend of interesting folks and things that go bang.

:yuck:I agree with the difficulty finding the forum. I'm not impressed with the changes that have been made to the site. It is definately not very user friendly anymore. I have, however, found a semi-quick way to get to the forum. Go to Forum Jump, if you've scrolled your screen down far enough you might be able to see the WhereULive selection from the dropdown menu, if not, then just select Main Page, then you will see WhereULive. Once you make that selection, you will be in familiar territory and will find the Bluegrass Glockers. Major pain, if you ask me. I hate the first page when I log on, too. Has zero info I'm interested in and just makes me go through a lot more steps to get where I want to be. :puking:

I set up all the forum areas that I visited regularly as a subscribed forum so when I log in all the subscribed forums show up and I just have to click on them to enter. It works great for that purpose.

nighthunter30
10-15-2008, 18:50
I set up all the forum areas that I visited regularly as a subscribed forum so when I log in all the subscribed forums show up and I just have to click on them to enter. It works great for that purpose.

+1

or I just make a kickme.to URL for here. http://bluegrassglockers.kickme.to/

I till go here but don't post. :supergrin:

Myglocksbegood
10-22-2008, 17:25
Rick is here. It took me a few days to get registered, but I check in every other day and I am still waitiing on the Silver Creek results and now the Hidden Valley match.

hk_mtbr
10-22-2008, 20:11
I shot down there last Sunday and am also curious about results...

Someone pointed me here...is this the only place to find them?? I also sent an email to the USPSA email on the site but no one has returned that either.

TreehugginGlock
10-23-2008, 13:48
I shot down there last Sunday and am also curious about results...

Someone pointed me here...is this the only place to find them?? I also sent an email to the USPSA email on the site but no one has returned that either.
I've been asking about them too. The fellow that helps Lee with that will be at the GLIPSC match tonight from what I've been told. I'll ask him what happened to them and when and where they will be posted. They usually are posted here, but we're also trying to start back with posting them to the Silvercreek website, too. sorry for the delay. I'm tapping my foot, too.:impatient::sigh:

38 super comp
10-23-2008, 15:18
I've been asking about them too. The fellow that helps Lee with that will be at the GLIPSC match tonight from what I've been told. I'll ask him what happened to them and when and where they will be posted. They usually are posted here, but we're also trying to start back with posting them to the Silvercreek website, too. sorry for the delay. I'm tapping my foot, too.:impatient::sigh:

I sent the results of Hidden Hills to the web guy this a.m.,,,,,,,,,,,John is working on the Silver Creek results as we speek,,,,,,all of the match results should be on the web pages very soon,,,,,

Oh by the by,,,,,,,the lake at Silver Creek is waiting for water and them fish........:snoopy:

45gunner
10-23-2008, 20:12
I sent the results of Hidden Hills to the web guy this a.m.,,,,,,,,,,,John is working on the Silver Creek results as we speek,,,,,,all of the match results should be on the web pages very soon,,,,,

Oh by the by,,,,,,,the lake at Silver Creek is waiting for water and them fish........:snoopy:

The match results are at:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11512764#post11512764

45gunner
10-26-2008, 06:00
Yeah, I'm still around. Just been too busy to breath, much less post : (. Hope everyone is well. For those that don't know, Lori and I got engaged and we are thinking May 30th of 2009.

Congrads,
Wish you the best.

cpolk
11-03-2008, 21:00
Thanks.

seanmcp
11-20-2008, 21:05
I'm still around, just working 60-80 hours a week and travelling 3+ days a week the last couple of months has meant I'm head down, and the only trigger time I'm getting is dry firing. Soon, tho, the work rush will be over :)

45gunner
11-21-2008, 16:12
I'm still around, just working 60-80 hours a week and travelling 3+ days a week the last couple of months has meant I'm head down, and the only trigger time I'm getting is dry firing. Soon, tho, the work rush will be over :)

Good to hear from you. Hope to see you soon.