help me [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : help me

SCC
10-13-2008, 19:26
when i try to open the web the page will not fit the ( cpu is a DELL DIM, 3100 ) monitor ( dell E176FP LCD ) what can i do to fix this it is the same way on my laptop as well someone help me :wavey: thank you scc ( SORRY ABOUT THE PIC HERE IS A NEW ONE )

wbgolden
10-13-2008, 20:19
super hard to tell what's going on there with that tiny picture!

try this so we can get a better look:

with the screen just like you have it in that picture, press the "print screen" button on the keyboard. this should save the snapshot of your screen to your clipboard. open paint (start>>all programs>>accessories>>paint). when it opens, click edit>>paste. this should put the desktop picture in paint. save it and attach it to your next post. :)

Joshua1432
10-13-2008, 23:00
Okay I think you want it to strech so it is as big as your screen?

So press the button next to the cross and make sure it shows two little squares

Then you need to go down to the bottom right corner and drag the corner to make it bigger :)

Hope I helped

If that is not your problem email me at joshua1432@gmail.com and I can help you out further :)

Joshh

SCC
10-14-2008, 18:29
help me out guy's

dotsun
10-14-2008, 18:38
Do you see the 3 buttons in the upper right corner of the browser window? Press the one that looks like a box.

d3athp3nguin
10-14-2008, 19:32
Easy way- follow dotsun's advice above to make the window as large as the screen. Then you can click the button next to it (looks like a little bar) to minimize it down to the taskbar, in effect hiding the window until you click the taskbar button for that window. Or you can click the "box" button again to return the window to its previous smaller size.

To resize the window manually from where it is in the picture, bring your mouse over to a corner of the window- lets say the top-left corner. Edge your mouse to the corner of the Internet Explorer window until the mouse icon changes from an arrow to a cross-like icon. Then click, hold and drag to resize the window from there. This should be doable from any window corner.

najaboy
10-14-2008, 20:10
super hard to tell what's going on there with that tiny picture!

try this so we can get a better look:

with the screen just like you have it in that picture, press the "print screen" button on the keyboard. this should save the snapshot of your screen to your clipboard. open paint (start>>all programs>>accessories>>paint). when it opens, click edit>>paste. this should put the desktop picture in paint. save it and attach it to your next post. :)
The pic is adequately sized. You just need to click on the thumbnail to view it full size.

SCC
10-14-2008, 20:30
thank you guy's but some windows open full size and some don't why is that ?

najaboy
10-15-2008, 09:23
It is because some programs are set to open in a normal window, which is what yours was doing, while others are set to open maximized.

SCC
10-15-2008, 14:27
how do you set it to open maximized size ? for the xp !!!!

wbgolden
10-15-2008, 21:37
The pic is adequately sized. You just need to click on the thumbnail to view it full size.

d'oh! i was just mousing over the picture and getting a slightly bigger version of the thumbnail. thanks for the tip, i'm sure it will serve me well in the future. :embarassed:

SCC, here's a trick i'd forgotten about until now. instructions and screen shots here: http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_get_a_windows_program_to_always_open_maximized.html

SCC
10-16-2008, 18:42
I will try that !!!! and thank you