Favorite Gun Stores in KC area ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Gun Stores in KC area ?

Super Hans
10-14-2008, 21:40
Hello all, I'm wanting to know what your favorite gun stores are in the KC area.

Please add any details you can think of: wide selection of ammo or firearms, prices, customer service, etc ...

also, anyone dealt with http://www.summitgunbroker.com/ ? feedback ?

Thanks, Super Hans

toddmog
10-15-2008, 08:41
Since moving back to KS this year, I've dealt with Olathe Gun Shop and Jayhawk Pawn in Lawrence. A lot of people seem to like The Bullet Hole in OP, but I haven't been in there.

I've been wanting to order a G17 from Mark at Summit, but haven't had the $$$. I've heard great things about him.

Super Hans
10-15-2008, 15:31
I've been in the Bullet Hole a few times and do not like it. Their prices are through the roof. The price they had for a new Glock 30 was $695. I bought a new one for $600 somewhere else. They have 3 indoor ranges. Only one is open to the public (the crappy one) and I found it to be poorly lit and not well ventilated. They sell these horrible reloads for the indoor range which leave you and the people next to you in a cloud of smoke. I didn't buy any but the person next to me was using them and they were CRAP. I found a nice indoor range in Topeka and don't mind driving a little farther to support someone who charges decent prices on firearms and ammo, and runs a better range.

the Bullet Hole = Thumbs Down

nedrgr21
10-15-2008, 16:13
Great Guns
184 W 92 Hwy
Kearney, MO 64060
(816) 628-6431

No affiliation - just got a good deal and friendly, fast service.

toddmog
10-19-2008, 13:22
I found a nice indoor range in Topeka and don't mind driving a little farther to support someone who charges decent prices on firearms and ammo, and runs a better range.

I'm guessing you are talking about Kaw Valley Gun Club. It's a pretty nice place. I've shot there once. However, every price I was quoted on new Kimbers was MSRP and not what you can actually purchase one for. He wanted $1250 for an Ultra CDP II, where my local shop quoted me $1027.

mhmills
10-22-2008, 01:05
Try Holsters and More they are not a shooting range but they have good prices on most of their stuff.

518 NW Gorden
Topeka KS

Leonard
10-24-2008, 04:36
Sorry you got hosed on your new glock.

Bought a nib Glock 19 from mark today for less than $500.00 otd.

Super Hans
10-25-2008, 14:34
Sorry you got hosed on your new glock.

Bought a nib Glock 19 from mark today for less than $500.00 otd.

I don't feel I got hosed

$600 for new Glock 30 with factory night sights. Plus I picked it up the night of an IDPA match I was shooting in so it was very convenient. I love the G30.

I got prices from Mark and with shipping and FFL transfer fees it would have been the same price as what I paid.

Though I might get a used Glock from him..

toddmog: yes, I'm talking about Kaw Valley Gun Club, only been there a few times for IDPA matches. Other than buying my Glock 30 from the owner I don't have much experience with the store. He didn't have it in stock but got it in 2 days.

did you get a Kimber ? how is it running?

Leonard
10-26-2008, 07:40
Sorry i misread your post ,Mea Culpa,:wavey:

Smoker
11-14-2008, 21:32
With my winter job I'm off on Sunday & Monday, I got the app for Kaw Valley, looks like a good way to use up some cold days & bullets.