My home, end, page up/down quit working with FF! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My home, end, page up/down quit working with FF!

MrsKitty
10-15-2008, 22:00
My cat walked across the key board and now my home, end, page up/down keys will not work with Firefox. They work like always in Word. Typing in this little text input box they work but when I am browsing and hit home to return to the top of the page nothing happens.

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks, guys :wavey:

wbgolden
10-15-2008, 22:03
I don't see any options in FF that would prevent those keys from working.

Do you have an "F-Lock" key on your keyboard? If so, give that a shot.

What kind of keyboard is it? (logitech, microsoft, etc)

Dragster
10-15-2008, 23:38
Not familiar with FF, but possibly a combination of key-clicks that turned them off. Check the manual.

MrsKitty
10-16-2008, 08:38
Not familiar with FF, but possibly a combination of key-clicks that turned them off. Check the manual.

That's what I am thinking.

I have randomly hit stuff and now page up/down works but not home or end. I can live with this although I do wonder what the combo was.

wbgolden
10-16-2008, 08:45
Actually think I figured out the answer. Hit F7. Turns off a feature called "Caret Browsing" when I toggled it on my laptop, I lost the home, end, etc buttons. Hit it again and they're working. :)

MrsKitty
10-16-2008, 09:17
Actually think I figured out the answer. Hit F7. Turns off a feature called "Caret Browsing" when I toggled it on my laptop, I lost the home, end, etc buttons. Hit it again and they're working. :)

Thank you so much! :hugs:

Sorry, it was a compaq laptop. My reading comprehension skills are a bit off today.

I never knew what "caret browsing" was. I have seen warnings about turning it on or off before but I just hit escape. I figured if I didn't already know it wasn't anything I needed :rofl:

That's it! Again, thank you! :wavey:

wbgolden
10-16-2008, 09:50
awesome! :cool: