Call of Duty:WAW Beta [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty:WAW Beta

Nicky D
10-18-2008, 04:08
Anyone here playing?? I have been hooked on this all week, IMHO it is a pretty decent game. There are some glitches but hopefully all will be fixed before the full version comes out. If you are playing, my GT is Nicky D

Tvov
10-29-2008, 05:39
Some folks I know are trying to get the beta (or already have it). The "community" I am in (OSF -- http://www.osfhome.com ) is debating about running a server for it.

Nicky D
10-29-2008, 07:03
I just received a beta code for the PC version. I need to download and play.

Scottsdale Thug
11-01-2008, 16:33
Let me know what you think of it. I am very curious to see how Treyarch did this time around.

Tvov
11-01-2008, 22:03
I have to try re-downloading the Beta. Everything went fine originally downloading it -- saved the file, unzipped it, used my key, loaded it, and... nothing. Screen just went to normal desktop, no sign of game. I am going to try downloading it from another site.

Nicky D
11-02-2008, 03:57
I'll let you know. I won't be able to play until Tuesday, I am working all weekend. When I do get to play I am going to get creamed, I don't usually play games on the PC. This should be fun.

Tvov
11-03-2008, 05:19
I am going to try one last time today to get the Beta working. I went to the forums, and it seems I am far, far from the only one having trouble with this. I downloaded DirectX 10 (or re-downloaded it, or updated it, whichever works), as many have said that with Vista you need the latest version.

If it doesn't work now, I am going to give up on the Beta.

Companies have to be careful when releasing Betas... yes, lot's of publicity and teasing people to get them excited, but when something gets released that is this troublesome it reflects badly on the game. The forums at CoDWaW are absolutely full of thread with people *****in' about just getting the Beta to run.