IDPA Match Saturday (10/25) - Bowling Green KY [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IDPA Match Saturday (10/25) - Bowling Green KY

Gary G23
10-18-2008, 22:42
The Green River Gun Club in Bowling Green KY will be having an IDPA match this Saturday October 25th. Match starts at 9am central time. Setup at 8am. Cost is $15.

There will be five pistol stages and two rifle stages. Rifle is optional and scored separately. Bring about 100 rounds of pistol ammo and 60 rounds of rifle ammo.

This will be our last scheduled match of the season.

Directions to the range are posted on the website. If you need a map go to Mapquest and enter 1280 Prices Chapel Rd.

http://www.bggrgc.com

http://www.idpa.com

TreehugginGlock
10-19-2008, 08:27
[QUOTE=Gary G23;11482930]This will be our last scheduled match of the season.
QUOTE]I've been wanting to come down to see your improved range and shoot an IDPA match there, but will not be able to make it on the 25th. When will you start your matches up again?

Gary G23
10-19-2008, 14:36
Leann,

The 2009 schedule hasn't been determined yet.

A bit of background info:

The GRGC only gave us six match dates this year (even though we asked for more) because we use the entire range and the board is concerned about the non-competing members of the club not being able to use the range on weekends while we are there. The purpose of the new range is to free up the main range so we don't have this problem.

They recently got grass planted on the new range and are not allowing anyone to use it until next year. The problem is they haven't told us specifically when we can use it.

So until we have permission to do matches on the new range we will still be restricted to a limited schedule so we might have to choose our match dates wisely as we did this year.

On a positive note though, the IDPA matches have been successful this year. Our division of the club has made more money than any of the other competition programs offered at the club. So that should give us some leverage with the schedule next year.

I'll let everyone know when the 2009 schedule is set in stone.

TreehugginGlock
10-19-2008, 19:14
Leann,

The 2009 schedule hasn't been determined yet.

A bit of background info:

The GRGC only gave us six match dates this year (even though we asked for more) because we use the entire range and the board is concerned about the non-competing members of the club not being able to use the range on weekends while we are there. The purpose of the new range is to free up the main range so we don't have this problem.

They recently got grass planted on the new range and are not allowing anyone to use it until next year. The problem is they haven't told us specifically when we can use it.

So until we have permission to do matches on the new range we will still be restricted to a limited schedule so we might have to choose our match dates wisely as we did this year.

On a positive note though, the IDPA matches have been successful this year. Our division of the club has made more money than any of the other competition programs offered at the club. So that should give us some leverage with the schedule next year.

I'll let everyone know when the 2009 schedule is set in stone.Thanks for the update. I will look forward to next year.

By the way, my club, Silvercreek Conservation Club in Sellersberg, Indiana, (less than 10 miles north of Louisville, Kentucky) also has a new IDPA club which is getting more and more shooters each month. Our last one for this year will be November 1, though, (and may even have a classifier after the regular match), but we hope to get started up again next year, too. Hope you folks can make it up 65 to play with us, too. If you want more info or need directions, you can find them on our website, www.silvercreekcc.org
Hope you folks can make it up some time.

EKUJustice
10-20-2008, 13:35
What are the specs for the rifle event ie what is allowed what isn't allowed on the gun. Uspsa shooter trying to get a couple more matches in so figured I would give idpa a try

Gary G23
10-20-2008, 16:34
What are the specs for the rifle event ie what is allowed what isn't allowed on the gun. Uspsa shooter trying to get a couple more matches in so figured I would give idpa a try

We currently don't have restrictions on rifles other than we limit the number of rounds loaded into magazines to twenty. Reloads must come from the belt or a pocket below the belt.

IDPA pistol rules are followed for the rifle matches with the following exceptions:
1. Concealment is not required.
2. The maximum number of rounds per string is 36.
3. 20 rounds in magazines.

We do require you to use cover when cover is available. We also require IDPA legal reloads (i.e.: slide lock, tac load, reload with retention).