Keyboard issue [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard issue

silentpoet
10-20-2008, 15:17
My keyboard will not accePt or enter the "i" or "P" keys. i am coPy and Pasting to get them on this Post. So i am off to walmart to buy a new keyboard. The last time i had this Problem, the motherboard was going out. So i hoPe it is just the keyboard this time. A reboot did not fix it. CRAP!

IndyGunFreak
10-21-2008, 21:29
My keyboard will not accePt or enter the "i" or "P" keys. i am coPy and Pasting to get them on this Post. So i am off to walmart to buy a new keyboard. The last time i had this Problem, the motherboard was going out. So i hoPe it is just the keyboard this time. A reboot did not fix it. CRAP!

I'd say its almost a given its the keyboard..

IGF

gdvan01
10-22-2008, 05:57
Try unplugging it and peel it apart. Most keyboards will either pop apart or take out a few screws. Might be some gunk under the keys.

IndyGunFreak
10-22-2008, 06:42
Is this a laptop or a PC? If its a PC... and the keyboard is hooked up via PS/2, you can try a USB keyboard.

IGF

silentpoet
10-23-2008, 04:43
I have a USB logitech keyboard now and it works. What made me worry is something similar was the first sign my old motherboard was going out. I will be glad when I get a good stable setup. Lately my computers have had issues. But on a positive note I am almost ready to take the A+ test so maybe early next year I can have a new rig.

3 weelin geezer
10-23-2008, 13:10
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

I wouldn't worry too much.

IndyGunFreak
10-23-2008, 14:33
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

I wouldn't worry too much.

LMAO... I started reading your post and was like, "Man, is he drunk"...

3 weelin geezer
10-23-2008, 16:49
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/smileys/excited.gif

Not yet....In two hrs....http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/smileys/tequila.gif