NJ concealed carry non-res permit? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NJ concealed carry non-res permit?

jayfarm
10-20-2008, 17:45
I know it says that such things exist on the website, but what's the likelyhood / actual scoop on concealed carry permits in the state of NJ.

I'll be vacationing down there in Feb and would like to have a gun with me, but am not sure if it's like trying to get one in NYC or if it's just pay your money and wait 2 months.

Thanks in advance for the help! Also, does NJ honor any other permits?

FLGUY
10-20-2008, 17:52
As a former resident of NJ for 40 yrs. I can tell you that there is NO concealed carry in NJ. That is unless you are a friend of a judge or politician. It is virtually impossible for the average citizen to obtain a CCW. You can however obtain a purchase permit after a background check but you can only take it to and from a range and it better be unloaded and locked!

Good Luck! :wavey:

slewfoot
10-20-2008, 17:54
New Jersey does not honor any other state's license to carry concealed. New Jersey is not a shall issue state.

If you visit New Jersey, leave your guns at home.

jayfarm
10-21-2008, 15:48
As a former resident of NJ for 40 yrs. I can tell you that there is NO concealed carry in NJ. That is unless you are a friend of a judge or politician. It is virtually impossible for the average citizen to obtain a CCW. You can however obtain a purchase permit after a background check but you can only take it to and from a range and it better be unloaded and locked!

Good Luck! :wavey:

This is what I thought the situation was but was hoping a local would prove me wrong. On paper they have what appears to be a reasonable application processes, but the reality is that everyone gets a denial. This is good to know so I won't waste my time, effort, or money. Maybe the following year when LEOSA applies I'll be able to take my glock with me.