Scdmv ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Scdmv ?

glockrod
10-20-2008, 19:18
Do any of you know if a Kawasaki Mule 600 can be plated to drive on the road in SC. Im talking secondary roads, even dirt roads. I saw on the DMV website that there is a classification for slow four wheeled vehicles that go under 35 mph, but I dont know if that applies to a Mule.

Thanks,
Rod

CUTigers2002
11-14-2008, 00:28
My understanding of SC law, as told to me by a sheriff deputy, is that all vehicles driving on roads, even secondary dirt or gravel roads, must have current, valid license plate. So by the letter of the law, anyone driving 4 wheeler or golf cart on public roads are subject to ticketing. Your mule would seem to apply, unless there is a special license that is available that I'm unaware of.

Like any law, it is REALLY a matter of enforcement. In the rural area I live in, it is only enforced if there is a nuisance problem....

Hope this helps....

Glockphobia
11-14-2008, 05:17
best thing to do is call for clarification, the website does say something about a permit for GOLFCARTS on secondary roads and a max distance from your residents you can travel.

thirdruffian1
11-23-2008, 12:48
I don't think it can be done legally.

Here in the Upstate, we have more than our fair share of "liquor sickles" (mopeds), and they are dangerous enough.

I don't think anyone would have a problem if you decided to ride a four legged mule on our secondary roads, though.