Say hello to your newest Geek Squad Agent... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to your newest Geek Squad Agent...

ReyFufuRulesAll
10-22-2008, 06:55
They hired me 2 days after I lost my last job, and I should be just about done with training today!

:wavey:

Blitzer
10-22-2008, 07:03
Best of luck I know I would not like the environment myself.

kirgi08
10-22-2008, 07:40
Ain't that the inmate runnin the asylum. :dunno:

Good luck Dewd.'08.

Big Al 24
10-22-2008, 22:18
Congratulations! Now you can't go within 100 yards of any of my electronics, not even my talking billy bass. :tongueout:

IndyGunFreak
10-23-2008, 03:42
I've always wondered how a job like that would be... Its not really my cup of tea, but I'm glad you got the gig...

IGF

Dandapani
10-23-2008, 04:27
They GPS your Beetle. Don't miss your exit on the freeway and double back....

Razrbk444
10-23-2008, 14:45
And you're offering FREE tech support to GT members in Tech Talk?.... Sweet!

Congrats on the new gig.....Now back to the asylum with you oafer before tous comes looking for you!

IndyGunFreak
10-23-2008, 18:44
Congratulations! Now you can't go within 100 yards of any of my electronics, not even my talking billy bass. :tongueout:

LOL, I don't know how I missed this comment, but thats funny...

Eh, I admit, Geek Squad comes nowhere near my stuff, but I'll cut them some slack, everybody needs a job, and obviously some people are using their services...

IGF

LinuxKnight
10-23-2008, 22:37
+1 congrats, I'm in the same boat.
Got laid off from school district as a field tech (budget reasons), was there 2 years.
Been on the job hunt since end of September.
I used to work in tech at CompUSA (also for about 2 years, started about 4 years ago).

Just got hired for GeekSquad, haven't started training yet, but since I played the retail game before it should be mostly review for me.
It's only seasonal / PT right now but could grow to more.
I'm hoping to work up to one of the field agent positions or something with more hours and probably better $$. At any rate, I've been technically inclined a lot longer than I've been in the retail game, I have my A+, I don't consider this a "career" but just a "job". Doesn't mean I won't do my best while I'm there.

ReyFuFu: did you hire into GeekSquad from outside or from another position in the store? When I did my interview they said it is fairly rare that they hire into GeekSquad from outside, but since I have previous retail/tech experience they brought me in. What position are you going to be in?

KharToon
10-25-2008, 07:40

Eh, I admit, Geek Squad comes nowhere near my stuff, but I'll cut them some slack, everybody needs a job, and obviously some people are using their services...

IGF

Indy, somebody has to debug the linux device driver problems :tongueout:

ReyFufuRulesAll
01-13-2009, 23:20
I've always wondered how a job like that would be... Its not really my cup of tea, but I'm glad you got the gig...

IGF

If you don't mind explaining to 70% of the population why limewire is bad, why to back up your data, and that batteries don't last long in 5*f weather, then it's amazing, especially considering the discounts. :supergrin:

ReyFufuRulesAll
01-13-2009, 23:23

IGF

We do have one idiot working at the precinct with us, but we try to keep them in back.

It's very true that anything we do you can do yourself, and at a far lower price. However, the biggest difference is that we enjoy what we're doing, and that we're not afraid to open something up.

The in-home guys, though, I don't know how they are - that's a totally different position than the in-store guys.

ReyFufuRulesAll
01-13-2009, 23:25
+1 congrats, I'm in the same boat.
Got laid off from school district as a field tech (budget reasons), was there 2 years.
Been on the job hunt since end of September.
I used to work in tech at CompUSA (also for about 2 years, started about 4 years ago).

Just got hired for GeekSquad, haven't started training yet, but since I played the retail game before it should be mostly review for me.
It's only seasonal / PT right now but could grow to more.
I'm hoping to work up to one of the field agent positions or something with more hours and probably better $$. At any rate, I've been technically inclined a lot longer than I've been in the retail game, I have my A+, I don't consider this a "career" but just a "job". Doesn't mean I won't do my best while I'm there.

ReyFuFu: did you hire into GeekSquad from outside or from another position in the store? When I did my interview they said it is fairly rare that they hire into GeekSquad from outside, but since I have previous retail/tech experience they brought me in. What position are you going to be in?

Outside. As a matter of fact, at our precinct pretty much everyone was hired from outside.

However, I was only seasonal, so I don't work there anymore. :sad:

IndyGunFreak
01-14-2009, 05:31
If you don't mind explaining to 70% of the population why limewire is bad, why to back up your data, and that batteries don't last long in 5*f weather, then it's amazing, especially considering the discounts. :supergrin:

Limewire is bad? ;)

Sorry hear your gig there ended, hope you find somethin else quick!

IGF

DoubleWide
01-14-2009, 07:13

Sir, that paper you signed said we could delete your data when solving the problem.

LinuxKnight
01-14-2009, 08:33
Yea I was only seasonal too, I will find out on Friday whether I "made the cut" as a regular employee or not. In the meantime I've been sending out the ole resume like 7.62 out of an AK.

ReyFufuRulesAll
01-14-2009, 10:18
Yea I was only seasonal too, I will find out on Friday whether I "made the cut" as a regular employee or not. In the meantime I've been sending out the ole resume like 7.62 out of an AK.

Me, I've been more like an SKS, in batches of 10 :supergrin:

BTW I heard that Family Video is hiring! :wavey:

mr.scott
01-14-2009, 15:00
Well we now know who not to ask for computer advice. :P
Congrats man. I've been out of work for 4 months now, but I start my new job in a week. w00t. Time to bring the system admin hammer down on more people.