Dream Hunt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dream Hunt

Esox357
08-04-2002, 19:50
Okay guys what would be your dream hunt? A hunt you always wanted to do but couldnt or one your planning to do. For me it would be a trip to Africa to hunt plains game and do some type of bird hunting. Esox357

mpol777
08-05-2002, 10:25
any hunt that includes me, my dad and some ducks is as good as it gets.

Skofnung
08-05-2002, 10:55
I would like to participate in an old European style boar hunt. You know, the one where a group rides out on horses with spears and dogs? I don't think it could get much more exciting than that.

That is my dream hunt. Laugh all you want.

allhowl
08-05-2002, 18:04
I'd like to go after a Kodiac Grizzly Bear with a bow. Wouldn't consider it without plenty of backup though. I love rifle & pistol hunting but to take a big old Kodiac grizzly with a bow would be a thrill of a lifetime.

forthehalibut
08-06-2002, 18:35
Either a Grizzly hunt in Alaska, or a Safari hunt in Alaska.

Esox357
08-06-2002, 19:25
Oops one more, a elk hunt in New Mexico for a trophy bull. life would be good then. Take Care Esox357

Grey Wolf
08-06-2002, 21:03
A very long African safari. Mostly with bow my compund and my recurve. All arrows would be hand crested and fletched by me plus my wife and best friend with me.

Also a hutn with the plains indian for Buffalo.. not overly challenging but would be an awesome experience.

Sharker
08-07-2002, 11:39
I'd like (and will) to hunt some kodiaks in Alaska, and some bull elks in the rockies, (Cotee, Wyoming). I Havent ever been to the rockies, but I hear about the beauty of them and am so envious of those who live in/ near them. I am going to go one year, maybe next.
I am blessed to be able to hunt big whitetails in the mountains of maine. Thats a real treat for me. This year I am taking 5 buddies with me. Two havent ever shot a deer, so their excitement is incredible. I am so looking forward to this year. Lots of luck to allon their dreams.

fastvfr
08-09-2002, 19:13
For me, that'd be having a prime hill in Oregon staked out and moved into at oh-dark-30 in the middle of Elk season, then hearing them bugle and fight all around.

With a .270 rifle and a single-shot .223 pistol along, there is diversity and a high probability of sucess...something will amble along eventually, and you can use him for target practice (digger squirrel), for bounty ($10 for a coyote's ears here) or to fill a freezer....ever seen a dead Roosevelt Elk close up? Know why we quarter them now, then, huh? Maybe make that TWO freezers.... ;~>

And that's a hunt I take every week or so. Thank God I MOVED!!!

Regards,

FastVFR

PS> This hunt thing is just a backup plan in case the Chinook and Steelhead aren't biting too well...and the Trout stream needs some time off....you understand....heh heh heh!!!

glockmeister23
08-13-2002, 13:01
I'd like to hunt mule deer in 12B Arizona. I wouldn't mind bighorn either.... both are about a 1/100 chance here.