Any knowledeagle Glocker around Fredericksburg/NV [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any knowledeagle Glocker around Fredericksburg/NV

nick__45
10-26-2008, 08:57
I ran into a fellow who was checking out a nice G17L at Fredericksburg gun show yesterday. I didn't get his name but he was knowledgeable about Glock and was nice. He advised me to not get that one when I asked him how much the vendor wanted for it. His indication was that it has way too much internal wear from lack of maintenance and very likely a range gun that saw not much more than a wipe down of exterior component at the end of each hard day.

I have a few Glocks picked up used that I like to learn more about. I also want to know what to look for in inspecting Glock. If anyone want to start a Nova/VA Glock club or know of an existing one, please let me know. I am a slightly new shooter looking to learn.

Thanks in advance.

RacingGLOCK35
10-26-2008, 09:14
Hey , My name is Kyle i live off of Rt.2 by bloom in fredericksburg . I am very very knowledgeable about Glocks. E-mail me at racingglock35@aol.com or im me at the same name racingglock35 and i an answer any questions you have. Perhaps meet up , hit the range ... Glock on man

nick__45
10-26-2008, 19:59
Cool dude. Thanks in advance. I have much to learn as I am more of a rifle guy.

RandySmith
10-28-2008, 21:24
Too much internal wear? Wow. I would like to see that one.

Randy

RacingGLOCK35
10-29-2008, 13:18
I think the guy who told you it had too much "internal wear" was bs'ing you. If that was the case you send it to glock and they replace the internals free of charge BAM! new gun......

RandySmith
10-29-2008, 21:17
Without a doubt he was BSing. Perhaps that was an original 17L and he wanted it for himself.... hmm.....

Randy

RacingGLOCK35
10-29-2008, 22:00
Without a doubt he was BSing. Perhaps that was an original 17L and he wanted it for himself.... hmm.....

Randy

sounds like your run of the mil ******* looking for a deal/steal for himself.

nick__45
10-30-2008, 06:19
He didn't want it and walked away. Nice 17L with light/laser though.

RacingGLOCK35
10-30-2008, 15:06
i would have picked it up

nick__45
10-30-2008, 15:25
i would have picked it up

Well, It's hard to pick something up right after some guy who seem very sincere and knowledgeable about Glock say to stay away. And that's the whole point of this thread; for me to find some knowledgeable person such as yourself to help me be better informed buyer/operator.