Need tech help, comp shut-down [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need tech help, comp shut-down

THEPOPE
10-26-2008, 18:22
OK, Smarter than me computer folks....I try to power up my system today, and get this :

"Stop: cooo 2/a { fatal system error The Windows Logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of ( oxoooooooo oxoooooooo)

the system has been shut down"

I tried to re-boot, after shutting the power off for quite a while...same message.

This happens on a blue screen, and last night, the machine worked fine....no problems whatso ever...now this, this morning.

Any clues, I am new to this computer stuff, and don't know what this could meen....all help would be appreciated.....

I am out :cool:

najaboy
10-26-2008, 20:44
Well, to begin with, it looks like you misread the stop error, as it's 21a, and not 2/a.

Try this link...
http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/285404-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html

THEPOPE
10-26-2008, 21:38
Well, to begin with, it looks like you misread the stop error, as it's 21a, and not 2/a.

Try this link...
http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/285404-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html

Thanks, najaboy, the post on that site is the same error message as mine ( BTW, I copied the error message from my ball-n-chain, er, my wife....so, yeah, it probly reads " 21a"....

However, I don't understand the fix, yet, because I am a comp. idiot....and these fellas are tech-heads, we speak a different language....

I will try to do their fix, but I don't know enough about it to really know what I am getting into....

Out fer now...:cool:

THEPOPE
10-27-2008, 21:21
An up-date to my comp. prob.....took to a real tech-head, and he seems to believe it is a harmfull psuedo-Window ad, that is, a fake, a virus, and a particularly nasty one at that.....destroyed parts of my machines' workings, according to him, I have no option but to concur to his expertise, so, a HEADS UP....don't click on it, as I did, trying to get it to close only invites it in......

What say yee ! !

Sound likely or no ?

Big Al 24
10-27-2008, 21:54
It probably didn't destroy anything physically, it just messed up the data on your hard disk making it unbootable. Take the steps here, and then get back to me...

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/483/xp_repair_fix_master_boot_record_recovery_console/

When you reboot, reboot in safemode (pressing f8 during windows startup) and run a virus scan.

THEPOPE
10-27-2008, 22:10
Thank you, Big Al 24....as I said, I already took it to a tech feller, but the site you directed me to has a lot of interesting reading, for a newb like myself, could be a future help, when I have been into these computers longer, and am more comfortable doing this kind of fix for myself....

One part of particular interest, is the section on making my own bootable window XP disc....and of course, many other secions in that site I must read......

Thanks again, I get my comp back tomorrow.....I am sure, some of what that site instructs, is exactly what they are doing.

I am out for now :cool:

Big Al 24
10-27-2008, 23:55
Ahh, sorry. I thought you took it to someone and they looked at it, I didn't know they kept it. Good Luck!

THEPOPE
10-28-2008, 20:16
Ahh, sorry. I thought you took it to someone and they looked at it, I didn't know they kept it. Good Luck!

Is a-OK, Big Al.....I did NOT get it back today, as promised, he had to keep it, BECAUSE EVEN THE TECH-GUY CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT, YET......

YIKES !

Apparently, I had NO anti-virus "on" for awhile, either one of my grown kids shut it down, or it happened to get shut off by accident, but I was un-protected, and some very nasty and malicious viri and
" worms" have infected my system, one of them, this latest thing, called " Micro-soft 2009 " , that came up last, is particularly malicious and damaging ....

I think he is going to have to do a complete drive scrub type thing, and a re-formatt....I think this is what he says he must do.....glad I did not try to do this stuf meself...sounds serious....

Maybe I will know more tomorrow.

Pray for me. Or my machine, whichever works.....