Visiting the "Old Dominion" help. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Visiting the "Old Dominion" help.

MySiK26
10-27-2008, 19:50
Hello fellow GTers hoping i could get some good info here from residents of VA. I'll be visiting for a few days and will be bringing my weapon with me. I have a CCW permit from Florida and know it is honored by the state of VA. What I was wondering is, am I allowed to open carry, or must I have it concealed only? Also any other good advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

PVanCleave
10-27-2008, 19:59
Hello fellow GTers hoping i could get some good info here from residents of VA. I'll be visiting for a few days and will be bringing my weapon with me. I have a CCW permit from Florida and know it is honored by the state of VA. What I was wondering is, am I allowed to open carry, or must I have it concealed only? Also any other good advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

You can open or conceal carry - your choice. But, you MUST open carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and you MUST conceal carry in State parks.

I know, I know - we are working on both!:upeyes:

MySiK26
10-27-2008, 20:15
You can open or conceal carry - your choice. But, you MUST open carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and you MUST conceal carry in State parks.

I know, I know - we are working on both!:upeyes:

thanks again I DID NOT know that! good thing i asked.

gtrcivic
10-29-2008, 11:45
Just dont cross over to washington dc or maryland with your gun. Not gun friendly jurisdictions.

Messer
10-29-2008, 13:19
You don't say what part of Va. you'll be in - but don't get in the car and decide to take a ride on the Skyline Drive or the Blue Ridge Parkway either. Both are off limits until we can get the national park rules changed.

Have fun,
Bob S.

alien-Glocker
10-29-2008, 18:17
..take a ride on the Skyline Drive or the Blue Ridge Parkway

Ditto for the GW Parkway in and around Arlington/Alexandria.

G19T
10-31-2008, 00:11
Ditto for the GW Parkway in and around Arlington/Alexandria.

Arlingont/Alexandria area??? its still Va