IE Issue [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IE Issue

NMPD506
10-28-2008, 14:26
I hope you guys are smarter than me on this:

Bought my wife a new laptop about a month ago (Dell Inspiron(?) 1500 series)

It has Vista Home installed - All seems to be OK w/ that.

However, when she is on the net (Interent Explorer) she can not click the down arrow on the address bar to look at/jump to recently visited sites. When she clicks it, it pops up an error and shuts down I.E. It has done this from day one - out of the box. If you free type the address - no problems. Only when you click the down arrow on the right side of the address bar does this occur.

Any ideas? I am pretty sure that the service pack 1 is already installed - I'm stumped and really don't want to call Dell and decifer/translate whatever language customer service is speaking.

Thanks!

IndyGunFreak
10-28-2008, 15:16
I hope you guys are smarter than me on this:

Bought my wife a new laptop about a month ago (Dell Inspiron(?) 1500 series)

It has Vista Home installed - All seems to be OK w/ that.

However, when she is on the net (Interent Explorer) she can not click the down arrow on the address bar to look at/jump to recently visited sites. When she clicks it, it pops up an error and shuts down I.E. It has done this from day one - out of the box. If you free type the address - no problems. Only when you click the down arrow on the right side of the address bar does this occur.

Any ideas? I am pretty sure that the service pack 1 is already installed - I'm stumped and really don't want to call Dell and decifer/translate whatever language customer service is speaking.

Thanks!

Thats weird... Is Windows Update showing any critical updates waiting to be installed? Thats the one thing I hate about IE, and how tightly integrated into the OS it is, if there's a problem, its gonna be a major problem.

I'd just install Firefox, and be done with it. Its a safer browser than Internet Exploder anyways.

http://www.mozilla.com

solomansousana
10-28-2008, 17:18
You can uninstall IE then redownload it from microsoft, it sounds like something is missing from within the software. Or, as I do sometimes, I have a U3 enabled smart drive that has mozilla firefox and thunderbird on it. Sometimes my security settings prevent me from being able to download bank statements so I need firefox.

ppcrusa
11-05-2008, 00:31
Forget IE.. try Mozilla Firefox. Problem solved