CHL permit in Alexandria [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CHL permit in Alexandria

vote Republican
10-31-2008, 09:43
A coworker of mine lives in Alexandria & wants to get his VA CHL. Is there anything he can/should do locally, or just do the permit through the VA state police website? Any advice I should pass on to him?

It looks like you have to take a course, any recommendations?

G30Jack
10-31-2008, 09:54
A coworker of mine lives in Alexandria & wants to get his VA CHL. Is there anything he can/should do locally, or just do the permit through the VA state police website? Any advice I should pass on to him?

It looks like you have to take a course, any recommendations?

I teach a CCW course. Easiest is prior service and a dd-214. Next to that is Home Firearms Safety from the NRA.

He'll have to fill out the app, go to the Sheriff's dept or PD, then to the clerk of the court.

alien-Glocker
10-31-2008, 15:16
Check out the VA state police website, it list the qualification procedure and other requirements. The forms ca nbe downloaded from their website too.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtm

He'll have to fill out the app, go to the Sheriff's dept or PD, then to the clerk of the court.

In Fairfax County you just go to the clerk of the court, not PD. Check with the court on where to submit the application and save some running around.

vote Republican
10-31-2008, 17:00
I teach a CCW course.

Yeah, but do you have any references?

:supergrin:

what's the order, course, then get the app at the court/sheriff, then PD to turn it in? Or should he just do the course first & figure it out from there?